Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 PM

47 posts, read 103,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
I've never understood why they have a good rep in Europe and can't do the same here. My friends in the UK are thrilled with their Ford and I have a cousin in France that drives one. They can't understand why I have such disdain for them.

I saw my parents have too many lemons from Ford to ever even take a chance on them ever....even of they manage to keep the style.
Your opinion, nothing more.

Have you noticed that Ford is the only one of the Big 3 [sic] that did not get a government handout.

Ford is the only domestic that I would consider, I have had 3 and they worked out well. My family had a bunch and they were my favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM

1,765 posts, read 7,306,956 times
If we get the 300HP version here, it will be strong with the hot hatch crowd.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 AM

5,994 posts, read 19,908,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus_the_second View Post

Have you noticed that Ford is the only one of the Big 3 [sic] that did not get a government handout.

Ford is the only domestic that I would consider, I have had 3 and they worked out well. My family had a bunch and they were my favorites.
Ford actually needed a cash of infusion of 20+ billion dollars back in 2006....

Old 07-24-2009, 01:21 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,052,138 times
The previous Ford Fiesta was sold in the US from 1978-1980.

The new Fiesta shares a platform with the Mazda2 (not available now in the US) . Ford reduced their stake in Mazda to raise cash but they still do joint product development work.

Frank

Old 07-24-2009, 04:01 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,347,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Ford actually needed a cash of infusion of 20+ billion dollars back in 2006....
That wasn't government cash. Ford was smart enough to plan ahead while private loan rates were still favorable.

I remember all the people that were chastising them back in 2006 for taking out loans and bashing them about not having a solid plan to turn the company around. Those people all have egg on their faces now.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,166,040 times
ohh man I love it when the corvette chases him through the mall in top gear LOL and the beach assault with the marines, Car and driver should take notes on how to test cars

YouTube - Jeremy's Extreme Ford Fiesta road test

Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM

646 posts, read 2,043,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus_the_second View Post

And the fact that you like the clunkers is your opinion and nothing more. I saw my parents have more then 3 outright lemons in their effort to stay 'brand loyal'.

Right now, I wouldn't buy any domestic car (though I currently drive an older Dodge)....don't trust any of them to make a decent product....and Ford especially (and that doesn't depend on if they got part of the bail out or not).

Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM

18,930 posts, read 43,268,266 times
Fiesta sounds too similar to Festiva. They need to find a new name for the American version.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:25 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,526,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Matt View Post
Hey livesintriangle, JD Power and Associates recently ranked a Hyundai over similar-classed BMW & Mercedes! Now where'd I see that report at?

J D Power has for years been touting GM models for years and you see what happened to them.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,120,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Fiesta sounds too similar to Festiva. They need to find a new name for the American version.
yeah, that may be a problem for the car. you would hope people could look past a name and see the car for what it really is, but most will write it off without giving it a second notice. kind like what happened to the 04-06 GTOs, but backwards. i'm convinced those cars would have done MUCH better had they named them anything other than GTO, but oh well.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln