Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And if asked whether or not you wanted to drive one, you'd say the same thing I would. "Heck yes!!!"

My problem with driving that is that I'd want to go look for stuff to run over.
You could run over just about anything your little black heart desired with one of those puppies

I would LOVE to run one of those things for a day.....I used to have a bit of performance data on them,but that old 'puter is fried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No they are no longer built....they were built in Montana as customs and made out of old Clark(IIRC?) endloaders and were BEASTS!!!!!
Ever hear of the Big Roy? Apparently it was an 8-wheel prototype made by Versatile.
Big Roy

http://www.ag-museum.mb.ca/attractions/equipment/images/versatile.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Ever hear of the Big Roy? Apparently it was an 8-wheel prototype made by Versatile.
Big Roy
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I would LOVE to drive that thing down to the local cafe with just a two bottom plow hooked on the back,get out,break wind and walk inside as they all stared at me through the big window

Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I would LOVE to drive that thing down to the local cafe with just a two bottom plow hooked on the back,get out,break wind and walk inside as they all stared at me through the big window

I was thinking the same, wow!
Actually, waaaay back about 30-something years ago, my (then) husband bought a 67 Camaro from some little ol lady, as a project car. A simple little v-6 that was barely running on 3. Smoked like crazy, but for $100, it worked out ok. He took it apart, slapped in a v-8 (a 283) and beefed her up. Needless to say, by the time he and his brother were done with it, you might say that car was about as 'hot' as many of the parts on it, if ya get my drift.
You might be redneck if your car consists of several different cars' parts.....

Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Big Roy
Dang! That thing has a better turning radius than my truck. It's only 26.6 feet. As much as I would love to own that, I couldn't afford to fill up the 550 gallon fuel tank on a regular basis. Plus the DW would probably get tired of me driving it around in circles in the backyard all the time.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
what's everyones favorite brand of tools for wrench on your car or trucks?
most of my wrenches and socket sets are craftsman they seem to be pretty durable and I have lost a more than a few in my life time
I have a hodge podge mix of Williams,Craftsman,Proto,Snap-On,Klien,Visegrip,CL and just enough Japanese tools to make me appreciate the good ones.

I really like Williams adjustable wrenches for some reason....they round a bolt head off just perfect

Old 08-05-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I was thinking the same, wow!
Actually, waaaay back about 30-something years ago, my (then) husband bought a 67 Camaro from some little ol lady, as a project car. A simple little v-6 that was barely running on 3. Smoked like crazy, but for $100, it worked out ok. He took it apart, slapped in a v-8 (a 283) and beefed her up. Needless to say, by the time he and his brother were done with it, you might say that car was about as 'hot' as many of the parts on it, if ya get my drift.
You might be redneck if your car consists of several different cars' parts.....
That WOULD be fun wouldn't it...can't you just imagine the looks those old coots would give each other as you pulled up with that thing...and on top of THAT,a little old 2 bottom plow on the back of it....it would be a Kodak moment to see their faces.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
I think you guys will like this site. I just got it forwarded to me. It's called "There I Fixed It."
There, I Fixed It: Epic Kludges + Jury Rigs

Here's a sample:

Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
Quote:
No, I haven't heard of "Hot Stuff" stripper.

The best stuff I've ever used is Aircraft Paint Remover. It's mean, and you BETTER be wearing rubber gloves.
Item Detail

In my limited experience, though, I've consistently found that few things beat the work of a good Random/Orbital Sander.
I can vouch for that stuff. That ain't your typical chemical stripper.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I can vouch for that stuff. That ain't your typical chemical stripper.
Thanks!!! I'll give it a try.....does it require a lot of scraping? I HATE it when the paint toughens up and becomes nearly impossible to scrape off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive