Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times

Advertisements

^you ever heard of Boss Hoss motorcycles?

Boss Hoss Cycles

They're custom built motorcycles with a SB chevy. My dad used to make all their fiberglass parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That hemi does sound evil doesn't it....I've watched that a hundred times

Here's what I would do every day of my life if I could find races around here.There are dozens of these vids on YT and I watch them alot....I'd bet a few of these are company trucks that the owners are clueless that their hands are out there ragging the hell out of their trucks.Big injectors,big pumps and mega turbos.

YouTube - Semi Trucks Drag Racing, 18 Wheelers Gone Wild
Holy Cow - look at the torque those rigs have! They're almost twisting those tractors into corkscrews!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Do you remember what that flake stuff was called....I remember the old man had a 70 Chevy 1ton welding truck that he used that stuff in when I was just a little kid....he made me sit in the truck and rev it up as he poured in in and I remember in blowing all over the front of his overalls
I think it was either SilverSeal or SolderSeal. Not sure which.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
^you ever heard of Boss Hoss motorcycles?

Boss Hoss Cycles

They're custom built motorcycles with a SB chevy. My dad used to make all their fiberglass parts.
Yes...I bought one in the mid 90's....to much of everything...to heavy,to torquey....I felt like I had to fight it in curves....cool,but useless.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:

I think I'm going to record that - just the audio part - on my iPod Shuffle. Put it on "loop" and play it in my office all day!

BeeYouTeeFull Sound!

I also loved how the front end of that car jumped everytime the guy goosed it a little.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Holy Cow - look at the torque those rigs have! They're almost twisting those tractors into corkscrews!
Yes...THAT is some "manly" torque those things are laying out
Quote:
I think it was either SilverSeal or SolderSeal. Not sure which.
I think you are right...Silver Seal sounds like it

Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I think I'm going to record that - just the audio part - on my iPod Shuffle. Put it on "loop" and play it in my office all day!

BeeYouTeeFull Sound!

I also loved how the front end of that car jumped everytime the guy goosed it a little.
Doesn't that sound great....I wouldn't have a license after the first day with that baby.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE not to mash it through the floorboards everytime you took off.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
Quote:
Yes...I bought one in the mid 90's....to much of everything...to heavy,to torquey....I felt like I had to fight it in curves....cool,but useless.
HOLY CRAP...I don't think I've ever actually talked to somebody who bought one. LOL

Old 08-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Here's one of MY favorite sounds.

YouTube - jake brake on a twisty hill

Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
HOLY CRAP...I don't think I've ever actually talked to somebody who bought one. LOL
They are totally out of sight price wise since the yuppies got into the "biker" scene,but I bought it for not much more than I could a Ultra Classic HD back then...I bought it in La.....when I sold it I made out like a bandit too....they are a tire shredding bad girl on the take off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive