Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post

Hey genius, why dont you fix your post. You quoted me but I never posted that.
Hey Rocket take it to the admin. It was the forum software to narfed up

And your post has no issues either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Really? Always?
Yep, windows down and top down if they can, blasting music so loud you can hear them coming before you can point your rocket launcher at them.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
Yep, windows down and top down if they can, blasting music so loud you can hear them coming before you can point your rocket launcher at them.
A few years back I heard this really loud booming around the same time at night (9pm) for the third day in a row and it took so long to pass I thought it must have been an SUV with twenty subwoofers on it. So I look outside and its this punk on his bicycle along with a trailer attached with a god damn subwoofer/amp mounted in a box on it. What the hell is that?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:10 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
[quote=rjl78;10447342]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post

Hell yes. I would rather spend the day with a group of "trashy bikers" than many other groups.

The Patriot Guard stood by at a good friends funeral (law enforcement officer line of duty) Any time they show for a fallen soldier it makes me proud.

The causes they get behind and ride for I agree with. And I happen to like the loud pipes too.

It takes a special breed of ******* to want to run down a biker.
So because they participate in positive activities they should be allowed to pollute the air with that loud obnoxious sound? HARDLY. I applaud thier positive activities but thier loud noise is no different than anyone elses.

Anyone who wants to run down a biker is a moron, just for clarification. I NEVER said anything about that.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
A few years back I heard this really loud booming around the same time at night (9pm) for the third day in a row and it took so long to pass I thought it must have been an SUV with twenty subwoofers on it. So I look outside and its this punk on his bicycle along with a trailer attached with a god damn subwoofer/amp mounted in a box on it. What the hell is that?
I saw the same thing when I was looking at a house in East Oakland recently. Bunch of kids riding around on their bikes, couldn't have been more than 8-9, and the biggest one goes by in a trike pulling a trailer with a HUGE speaker on it. I almost died laughing.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM

91 posts, read 191,489 times
Lights under the vehicle... which I beleive are banned. They annoy me to no end, although they aren't that distracting. And bicycles with speakers attached to them are pretty outrageous.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:06 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
The sticker of the dealer affixed directly on the vehicle. If you want me to advertise for you then pay me.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
This isn't really the time to get in a pissing match.
8"-18"s...who cares? I enjoy my 15"s...but I'm sure you want to tell me how your single 10" will outperform my 15"s because of the box and because you run a Fi subs or something special.

BTW my 15"s are the top model eD's...I like the sound.

No, just 15"s in general. Their sound reproduction is total crap. The only thing they are good for is a lot of noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
If you want to down talk the Alpine Type-R sub I suggest you post some good reasons because the Type-R has long been known as a very well performing sub.

Not a big Alpine fan. The Type-R's are the top of the Best Buy car audio stuff. You can find much better for roughly the same or not much more money.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I saw the same thing when I was looking at a house in East Oakland recently. Bunch of kids riding around on their bikes, couldn't have been more than 8-9, and the biggest one goes by in a trike pulling a trailer with a HUGE speaker on it. I almost died laughing.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny when I saw it. I live in a very suburban area of Daly City though, close to HWY 35 / Westmoor HS which isn't exactly ghetto.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
No, just 15"s in general. Their sound reproduction is total crap. The only thing they are good for is a lot of noise.

Not a big Alpine fan. The Type-R's are the top of the Best Buy car audio stuff. You can find much better for roughly the same or not much more money.
Can you recommend some? I did my research a few years back and in terms of sound reproduction, clarity and construction (ability to handle high power levels) the Type-R's were right up there with the best within a reasonable price level. The only sub I'd really get over the Type-R is the JL W6 which is not worth the premium (IMO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive