U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM

6,194 posts, read 5,400,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
I am leaning towards the Mazda 3, but will look at the Scion and the Accord.Really Mazda 6 may be too large for what I'm looking for-want to try and keep the compact feel, but I do enjoy driving fathers-just feel like a lot of car sticking out back!
Haven't seen one Volvo on cars.com in price range within 100 miles of where we are-maybe they are more exp are just rarer in the South???????

Thanks!
The Accord is probably out then too, since it is bigger than the Mazda6. I think it might be the largest car in it's class. It used to be bigger than the Euro market accord, which was sold here as the Acura TSX. Might want to look for one of those near where you will be too. It is an efficient 4, but always got terrific reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,915,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Might be worth checking out. Just watch out for "tuner" cars. Scions, Subaru WRX's, Mitsubishi Evo's, some Honda Civics, etc. are very popular with the "tuner" crowd. Be sure the particular vehicle you buy was'nt some hot rodders plaything in a prior life.

Other options maybe the Mazda 3 or 6 (if you willing to part with the hatch), The Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe (same car different companies) or the Honda Fit.

Try doing a search here: Search for a Car - Cars.com it will help you get an idea of what is available.
OK-how can I tell if a car has been driven hard? I can tell if clutch seems worn, but what about other signs-tyres ???I didn't appreciate that about Scions so thanks.
I saw Pontiac vibes but wasn't sure about relaibilty,but didn't realise that they were Toyotas. So what about the Pontiac solstice (is that the convertible?)

Appreciate the help!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
The Accord is probably out then too, since it is bigger than the Mazda6. I think it might be the largest car in it's class. It used to be bigger than the Euro market accord, which was sold here as the Acura TSX. Might want to look for one of those near where you will be too. It is an efficient 4, but always got terrific reviews.
Cheers-just need to go and drive them all now!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:26 PM

12,785 posts, read 13,073,007 times
BTW - The Mazda6 is a very nice car to drive. We had a 2007 4 cylinder 5 speed manual car. The zoom zoom Mazda advertises is very real. Mazdas almost always handle and drive more sporty than equivalent Hondas and especially Toyotas. The Mazda6 is a bit cozy compared to an Accord or Camry.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
BTW - The Mazda6 is a very nice car to drive. We had a 2007 4 cylinder 5 speed manual car. The zoom zoom Mazda advertises is very real. Mazdas almost always handle and drive more sporty than equivalent Hondas and especially Toyotas. The Mazda6 is a bit cozy compared to an Accord or Camry.
Yes-my Father has a Mazda 6 and it is good to drive-handles well on corners.It was marketed as a sport saloon in UK.Don't think I would want anything bigger-quite like the look of the Accord EX-L.Already have an SUV so don't need anything big big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive