Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:07 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times

Advertisements

As a Mercedes owner, this is hard for me to watch... this car is identical to my Mercedes!!

YouTube - Killing a Mercedes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM

630 posts, read 1,873,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Okay, lets say all you wrote is true.

Several things come to mind that I would appreciate your "opinion" on.

1. If foreign oil is the root of all our evil, why don't we tap into our OWN fossil resources such as oil and natural gas? Simple fix without crushing cars and making Peter pay for Paul's new car.

2. You do understand that the majority of the cars turned in did not have to get hardly any better mileage at all for the $3500 check right? How does that help?

3. The fed's MPG rating and tests time and again have proven to be inaccurate and slanted against larger vehicles. They have in fact readjusted their figures again. (Go figure.)

4. Please answer #1 first.
1.Alaska/Gulf of Mexico-pump those suckers dry.Build an infrastructure where trucks can use LNG.Upgrade the grid to be able to support electric plug-ins that will be powered by Gas Turbine and Nuclear plants.

2 Cafe standards were such that the average,not the median was 9 MPG per clunker deposited.Very likely Mom and Dad turned in their SUV's for a college age kids car.As for #3,I couldn't even respond,I'm not much into the whole woe is me/gummint gonna getya,but good luck with all that.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:03 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
As a Mercedes owner, this is hard for me to watch... this car is identical to my Mercedes!!

You and I both agree that this cash for clunkers program is an absolute waste, but I can tell we have a completely different taste in cars. Here are the ones that absolutely kill me....

YouTube - cash for clunkers

YouTube - Cash for Clunkers: Ford Mustang 4.6L GT

YouTube - Cash for Clunkers: Chevy Camaro Z28 Convertiable

YouTube - Cash for Clunkers: Another Mustang 4.6L GT Manual

YouTube - Cash for Clukers: Subaru SVX

Old 09-06-2009, 06:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You and I both agree that this cash for clunkers program is an absolute waste, but I can tell we have a completely different taste in cars. Here are the ones that absolutely kill me....

yeah that sucks about the mustangs, LT1 camaros and L98 corvette but the SVX seems like the odd man out they were weird looking IMO and underpowered.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah that sucks about the mustangs, LT1 camaros and L98 corvette but the SVX seems like the odd man out they were weird looking IMO and underpowered.
I owned an SVX years ago. I loved the car, especially the way it drove. It was underpowered, but I loved it nonetheless.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:33 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times
True, I like the big luxury cars, but this Mercedes really hit home since its identical to mine. I couldnt imagine them doing mine like this. I like sports cars too, but I have not seen alot of them posted. I hate to see that done to those Mustangs and the Corvette too - or ANY nice running car. I watched it and it was painful just as it was on the Mercedes. You may like this "sportier" Mercedes more than the sedan like mine... this one had 89K miles! Isnt it strange how some smoke out of the engine area and some dont?

YouTube - Death of a 560SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post

Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
This chemical thing is stupid (which makes it fitting for C4C I suppose).

HOW TO SEIZE AN ENGINE:
1. Drain oil
2. Start engine
3. Make popcorn

Done.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Just goes to show there are idiots out there who could injure themselves tieing their shoes

Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
This chemical thing is stupid (which makes it fitting for C4C I suppose).

HOW TO SEIZE AN ENGINE:
1. Drain oil
2. Start engine
3. Make popcorn

Done.
LOL you could melt some butter in the rad for the popcorn

Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
mmm... butter... drool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive