Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Whats wrong with nerf bars? They are very functional and I need a pair on my truck bad!
I'm just a real prick when it comes to cars, sorry
Other than that I'm a real cool laid back guy

Nerf bars (to me, meaning my prick opinion) always remind me of the Bo and Luke Duke days. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but to me (once again) they are just dated and funny to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
geos and scions and cubes~ got to be the ugliest nastiest looking idiot boxes ever built!
Did you forget Pontiac Aztec? Chevrolet Avalanche (early models)? And how about that PT Cruiser?
American auto makers are in no way exempt from the "ugly" forum.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamborgotti View Post
Prius-shaped SUV's.

Those were SUVs? I thought they looked like sedans.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Nerf bars (to me, meaning my prick opinion) always remind me of the Bo and Luke Duke days. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but to me (once again) they are just dated and funny to see.
Nerf bars have their proper place, but most of them are simply the modern equivalent of running boards. On a 4 wheel drive vehicle that gets used off the highway, nerf bars actually add protection to the rocker panels and sides of vehicles. Since most SUVs don't fall into that category, though, I would say that they are simply used as steps to help access the interior of the vehicle.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
The other two are just hideous. The Magnum is nothing more than an over inflated grocery go-getter and the Charger is weak, just plain weak. Chrysler brought back the Charger and killed it with 4 doors, then created the Challenger to compensate. Oh and we can't forget those signature Chrysler electrical problems.
All a matter of opinion, I doubt I'd like what you consider stylish.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I didn't know about the one door being larger than the other. Can't imagine why though.
It was to make access to the rear seat easier. The thinking being that more people would get in and out of the back seat on the passenger side of the car, not the driver's side. That was actually an advertising point at the time.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 AM

532 posts, read 1,270,314 times
Quote:
Ok the Challenger looks good, I'll give it that even though Consumer Reports said it's a mushy ride compared to Mustang and Camaro.

Chrysler likes to take big engines and put them in ugly cars and it's really sad. They make a great engine in the performance sector (not too reliable though) then they stuff it into a grotesque big ol' loafy hunk of plastic and tin. Then finish it off with a cheap interior void of even the smallest hint of character, leaving a cold bland lifeless surrounding to wrap you in.

The other two are just hideous. The Magnum is nothing more than an over inflated grocery go-getter and the Charger is weak, just plain weak. Chrysler brought back the Charger and killed it with 4 doors, then created the Challenger to compensate. Oh and we can't forget those signature Chrysler electrical problems.

Mind you I do not have a particular "favorite" auto maker. I'm not a Chevy or Ford guy. I just go by what I see and feel I really don't care what badge it has.
Tough to argue, you're right. On the other hand, my ugly grocery getting Magnum runs low 12's and can readily beat lightly modified Mustangs, Camaros and Vette's. If they are stock I can beat them without having to take out the child seat or unload the groceries .

Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
I would vote for:

IFS front suspension on SUV's and trucks which claim to be hard core off road vehicles. Give me a SFA or give me death!!

Chrome tailpipes... would you line the outside of your a$$ hole with chrome so everyone can see it better? Then why do you do it to your car?

The afore mentioned "fast and furious" disease afflicting millions of econo-box Hondas across the nation.

Carpet in family/work cars... it's not your front room, it's a tool to take you from point A to point B. It's like carpeting your kitchen; it's gonna get wet, have stuff spilled on it and junk tossed on it. Your dog is gonna pee on it, and your little kids probably will too. I don't think I could ever go back after experiencing rubberized carpeting...

Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

532 posts, read 1,270,314 times
Coffee can mufflers.....nails on a chalk board for me.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
Tough to argue, you're right. On the other hand, my ugly grocery getting Magnum runs low 12's and can readily beat lightly modified Mustangs, Camaros and Vette's. If they are stock I can beat them without having to take out the child seat or unload the groceries .

It's even more fun when they realize they were beaten by a truck! lol Surprised many BMW owners when they thought "its just a truck" haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive