Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,215,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
So you'd think the Mustang would have the edge, yet it doesn't.
Mustang had the edge with the 390+ hp Terminator Cobras and elite Cobra R. No Camaro could even come close, even in the Camaro's prime.

Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:17 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,818,978 times
thats right. The Terminators are still very fast cars..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Mustang had the edge with the 390+ hp Terminator Cobras and elite Cobra R. No Camaro could even come close, even in the Camaro's prime.

Try again.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 AM

The SS is the top of the Line Camaro as is the GT500; They are pitted against each other.

BTW- the Mustang GT is coming with a 400 hp 5.0. That will be enough to trounce the SS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the camro SS is suposed to be pitted against the mustang GT not the shelby GT500

Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 AM

just because Edmunds compared them it does not mean they should be. Come on get a clue. Completely different cars attracting completely different customers.
Corvette VS Ford GT
Camaro vs Mustang. its common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
No, your wrong. The GT500 is traditionally compared to the Vette based on price and horsepower. Heres just one link you can take a peak at:

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR (http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=131034/pageNumber=1?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmund s.com/reviews/comparison/articles/131034/article.html - broken link)

"The 2008 Corvette Z06 wins this test against the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR by 28.6 points, and when you drive the Vette, you immediately understand why."

*Plus how do you think the Camaro would run if GM simply threw a supercharger on the 6.2 like ford did with the 5.4?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,411,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
The SS is the top of the Line Camaro as is the GT500; They are pitted against each other.

BTW- the Mustang GT is coming with a 400 hp 5.0. That will be enough to trounce the SS..
Again, you are wrong. When you look at the price, hp, etc it is abundantly clear that the SS is pitted against the Mustang GT. The fact that there is another Mustang that sits a notch higher in the line is absolutely irrelevant. The GT500 would match up nicely against the Z-28 if that car ever sees the light of day.

Quote:
just because Edmunds compared them it does not mean they should be. Come on get a clue. Completely different cars attracting completely different customers.
Corvette VS Ford GT
Camaro vs Mustang. its common sense
Speaking of getting a clue, how many people do you think cross-shopped the Corvette with the Ford GT?? Give me a break.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,213,176 times
Quote:

no the SS is the only model that comes with the V-8 the RS is a V-6 it would be fair to compare the Z28 to the GT500 when it comes out but if you want a V-8 camaro you have to get a SS so it should be compared to the GT seeing as ther a priced in the same market.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM

sorry. I am not incorrect.. I actually write (freelance)for an automotive magazine and on many auto forums. I know what I am talking about.

the Corvette and GT was absolutely a cross shopped car. 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Again, you are wrong. When you look at the price, hp, etc it is abundantly clear that the SS is pitted against the Mustang GT. The fact that there is another Mustang that sits a notch higher in the line is absolutely irrelevant. The GT500 would match up nicely against the Z-28 if that car ever sees the light of day.

Speaking of getting a clue, how many people do you think cross-shopped the Corvette with the Ford GT?? Give me a break.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,759,398 times
Good grief. Why can't this thread stay on topic so that those that might be interested in discussing or even just simply reading what is in the TITLE of the thread can do so. If someone wants to COMPARE certain cars or start a pissing contest then start a thread that states such.

There are some people that would like to discuss SOLELY the launch of a Camaro Z28 which is the ONLY vehicle mentioned in the thread title. If your not interested or don't like the car then don't read it. SIMPLE!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:28 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,213,176 times
Quote:
sorry. I am not incorrect.. I actually write (freelance)for an automotive magazine and on many auto forums. I know what I am talking about.

the Corvette and GT was absolutely a cross shopped car. 100%
are you serious the GT cost $149,995 the Z06 cost $73,925 so 100% people would not look at a car that cost twice as much as the vette does umm what magazine do you wirte for again?
even the new Zr-1 is not that expensive at $103,970

Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,411,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Good grief. Why can't this thread stay on topic so that those that might be interested in discussing or even just simply reading what is in the TITLE of the thread can do so. If someone wants to COMPARE certain cars or start a pissing contest then start a thread that states such.

There are some people that would like to discuss SOLELY the launch of a Camaro Z28 which is the ONLY vehicle mentioned in the thread title. If your not interested or don't like the car then don't read it. SIMPLE!
While you make a very valid point (and I too helped to derail this thread, so my apologies), it's the sad reality of internet forums. You can fight it all you want, but it's just wasted effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC