Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times

Advertisements

One of my pet peeves is people who don't come to a stop before turning right at a red light. It's the same as running a red light.

Also when there are two right turn lanes, should the inner (non-curb) lane be permitted to turn on red?

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Do you stop at a red light before turning right?-right-turn.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I always stop. My sister didn't before but does now. She got caught by a red light camera. They showed her the video of her not stopping at all. It not only takes a photo, it also showes a brief video. She slowed and continued rolling right through the red light without stopping. I almost got rearended at a stop sign. Guess the guy behind me didn't expect me to actually come to a full and complete stop, look both ways, and then continue on my way.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,917,828 times
Depends if I know the area or not. If I know the stoplight or intersection that I'm coming to and can clearly see there is no traffic coming, no I won't come to a complete stop. If I don't know the area, yes I stop.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Depends if I know the area or not. If I know the stoplight or intersection that I'm coming to and can clearly see there is no traffic coming, no I won't come to a complete stop. If I don't know the area, yes I stop.
the problem with that is it becomes a habit. Better to be in the habit of always stopping at red lights or stop signs than to only stop at some when you feel like it.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
One of my pet peeves is people who don't come to a stop before turning right at a red light. It's the same as running a red light.

Also when there are two right turn lanes, should the inner (non-curb) lane be permitted to turn on red?

What do you think?
I don't care whether they stop or not. Its between them and the police should they get caught.

If I have a pet peeve its people being "citizen cops" behind the wheel. Just mind your own freaking business.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I don't care whether they stop or not. Its between them and the police should they get caught.

If I have a pet peeve its people being "citizen cops" behind the wheel. Just mind your own freaking business.
It's the business of everyone who shares the road with you because your behavior endangers our lives. Traffic laws are not suggestions.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
A red light is a red light...turning or not. Yes I stop!
We have one road here there is a HUGE sign...no turn on red...had a guy throwing a fit the other day because I wouldn't turn. I pointed to the sign as he looked like he was about to have a heartattack, he was so mad. He flipped me off.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:23 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post

Lighten up, Francis. It was just a question.

I don't care if they get caught either. It's when I stop and the richard craniums behind me start blowing their horns, flashing their lights and sliding to a stop because they planned to blow through a red light, then yeah, I got a problem with it. Or better yet, they're the ones with the problem.

If that makes me a "citizen cop" then don't get behind me. I just might make a citizens arrest

Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:

What do you think?
Absolutely. We are supposed to stop at a stop light.

Stop. Look. Proceed.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:36 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times
Quote:

What do you think?

Depends on traffic. I usually yeild and stop signs and roll into red lights though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive