U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
 
1,632 posts, read 2,179,294 times
Reputation: 520
GM has been producing junk for years (with some notable exceptions), why expect anything different?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Northeast Tennessee
6,994 posts, read 14,147,072 times
Reputation: 5150
Not the nicest for sure, but still looks better than the Cube or that new Kia Soul. I vomit when I see the back of those Kia Souls.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Chicago
36,138 posts, read 56,140,561 times
Reputation: 24850
1) The Cube had competition long before it ever even got here (see: Scion xB, Honda Element, even the Kia Soul beat it here)

2) The Terrain is not even a segment competitor.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 AM
 
Location: Poway, CA
2,589 posts, read 4,788,199 times
Reputation: 1846
i guess i'm on the short list of people who really like this. there's TONS of space for a vehicle of its size, 186HP from a 4 cylinder, and 32MPG even though it's an automatic (6-spd auto). i checked one out a bit ago and was really impressed with the fit and finish as well. there's also a ton of neat little gadgets all over.

but, as many mention, it's the size of a xB and other box vehicles. the vehicle will struggle because a) no one who is looking for a box vehicle will spend that kind of coin and b) no one who wants a GMC wants a box vehicle.

Mike - a 2009 xB owner
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM
 
Location: California
9,737 posts, read 23,746,111 times
Reputation: 21453
Just when you think a vehicle couldn't get any uglier.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 23,089,446 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Just when you think a vehicle couldn't get any uglier.....
Yet people will still buy it and probably in the ugliest colors. There is a Cube somewhere in our vicinity and it is the UGLIEST puke baby poop green color. First time I saw it the kids were in the car with me. The oldest had to take a pic to show her dad "this UGLY car we saw today". LOL!!! It's like some people just go up to the dealer one morning and say, "what car can you make me a deal on" and they point to the car on the lot that is the most HIDEOUS color for a vehicle. There are some that they would have to pay ME to drive. I'm picky about the colors of my cars By the time I arrive at the dealer to FINALLY purchase I've already got the colors down to the "t" as well as everything else that I want on it. Don't have it, I ain't buyin or I'll order it.



FYI: If you head out to the LeMons this weekend look for the 91 Nissan Sentra coupe. It is black (or WAS black). DH will be one of the drivers. Just talked to him as they are headed out to start working on the car getting the safety inspection done and all after spending the night in the RV at a Walmart down there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 07:58 AM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 23,089,446 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Sales from Camaro's will not make GM's sales "skyrocket" anyways.
If they would have kicked production into high gear and would get off the ground with the Z28 and the convertible it sure would put them in a LOT better position than what they are in and have been in.

This box car is not going to help their sales and pull them up for the long term.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 AM
 
Location: California
9,737 posts, read 23,746,111 times
Reputation: 21453
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yet people will still buy it and probably in the ugliest colors. There is a Cube somewhere in our vicinity and it is the UGLIEST puke baby poop green color. First time I saw it the kids were in the car with me. The oldest had to take a pic to show her dad "this UGLY car we saw today". LOL!!! It's like some people just go up to the dealer one morning and say, "what car can you make me a deal on" and they point to the car on the lot that is the most HIDEOUS color for a vehicle. There are some that they would have to pay ME to drive. I'm picky about the colors of my cars By the time I arrive at the dealer to FINALLY purchase I've already got the colors down to the "t" as well as everything else that I want on it. Don't have it, I ain't buyin or I'll order it.



FYI: If you head out to the LeMons this weekend look for the 91 Nissan Sentra coupe. It is black (or WAS black). DH will be one of the drivers. Just talked to him as they are headed out to start working on the car getting the safety inspection done and all after spending the night in the RV at a Walmart down there.
Will do...have no idea what the weekend holds car wise.
LOL....I met the wife of a guy who works for DH a few months back in a local store here. Somehow, we got on the subject of cars and I inject I just parked near the ugliest green element I had ever seen. Guess whose cars it was?! Once again...insert foot in mouth!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 23,089,446 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Will do...have no idea what the weekend holds car wise.
LOL....I met the wife of a guy who works for DH a few months back in a local store here. Somehow, we got on the subject of cars and I inject I just parked near the ugliest green element I had ever seen. Guess whose cars it was?! Once again...insert foot in mouth!
LOL!!!! My oldest daughter had a boy come over one day she had just met from band at school so I could take them to the movie. So we go out to the main garage and there sits the 3 Germans and we get into one and start off down the road. The subject of cars comes up and I said, "yes, she thinks she is going to get this car but she is really going to get the truck." To which this boy responds, "trucks are not fuel efficient at all. My mom is looking at getting me a Smartcar." ................... It got kind of quiet after that and that was the last time she ever spoke to this kid. She is into cars herself so this one would NEVER work. LOL!!! When we were waiting for his mom to pick him up after the movie I told the youngest I'd bet her that the mom was driving an import mini-van. She took the bet............. I WON!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM
 
Location: United States
2,497 posts, read 4,063,779 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
If they would have kicked production into high gear and would get off the ground with the Z28 and the convertible it sure would put them in a LOT better position than what they are in and have been in.

This box car is not going to help their sales and pull them up for the long term.
Not too educated on the current Camaro, but the way it seems is they have limited production and shot the price up targeting "exclusive" 40 and 50 something aged buyers. They are trying to make it bigger than life, like it's the ultimate driving machine. GM is eventually going to sink if they don't take a much simpler approach. Dependability, Performance, and Affordability are something GM can never really hit 3 strikes on, so it seems.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top