Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 10:55 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,384,045 times

Advertisements

When MazdaSpeed first appeared on the Protege', it was a fantastic package combination of handling and performance upgrade for a basic transportation sedan. I've never seen one except online. While at Walmart, I exited the store and as I walked to my car I saw a Protege' next to my car and I could easily see the "MazdaSpeed" label plate and a larger rear wing spoiler. It was all black. As I got closer I realized it was a poser. The wing spoiler was much larger and gaudi than the factory one, the cheap black paint was peeling off the wing, and the rear brakes were drum. I laughed at the poser. I really like all of the MazdaSpeed cars. They weren't the fastest 0-60 or the best handling in the world but they improved their base car to a great combination of both handling and acceleration. I only wish they handn't quit on the MX-5 (aka Miata) and MazdaSpeed6. I only wish they had kept the MX-6 long enough to do their MazdaSpeed magic to that midsize coupe with great handling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,258,925 times
I find the previous generation MazdaSpeed3 very appealling. Lots of potential as far as mods that will not void warranty. Besides my long awaited STI, this would be my second choice as a fun toy.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:07 AM

The MX-6 was initially a boring car with good handling. Drop in some MazdaSpeed engineering and that thing would have competed easily. My only complaint with the MazdaSpeed6 is they used the same engine as the MazdaSpeed3 which made it slower than the speed3.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times
The wife wants a Mazda6. I want something with scoot and AWD. So a Mazdaspeed6 is probably going to be our next car. I don't like front-biased AWD systems but I'd rather have fakey AWD than FWD. My brother is trying to talk me out of it and into a Legacy GT. If it were strictly up to me, I'd prefer a Legacy GT as well. But the wife has suffered through a string of half-worn-out cars she hates, so she gets first dibs on the next pick. And if I can't have a Legacy GT, a Mazdaspeed6 isn't a bad consolation prize.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:58 PM

You'd have to look for a 2007.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...aSpeedVehicles

Old 11-21-2009, 01:33 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,820,415 times
I"m with you on the Mazdaspeed6. I was ready to pull the trigger on one when I got a great offer to keep working. Since that wouldn't be a good unit to rack up 50K plus miles per year I didn't do it, 2 years later when I took a payoff to leave that outfit they were no longer available. Buying it and keeping it as a garage queen wasn't an option either as I had a juiced Miata for that.

I'm picking up my new Legacy on Monday, could have had it on Wednesday but I didn't want to have to bring it back in when the add on accessories showed up. We're both really looking forward to it.

gg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive