Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Well if you were reading properly at all, you would have said something about it earlier in the thread when I first mentioned it. Of course we're not talking about a stand still launch here as I've been saying from the very beginning.
Well, you were challenged today at 4:15 by userID "speedaddicted". He said he would hand you the keys to his EVO if you "walk" him.

Thats what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, you were challenged today at 4:15 by userID "speedaddicted". He said he would hand you the keys to his EVO if you "walk" him.

Thats what I thought.
You thought what? That I'm going to drive to some unknown place (probably out of state) to race a guy to settle an internet discussion? Did your parents drop you as a child or did they simply stomp you out in a drunken rage?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM

143 posts, read 761,796 times
The Gen Coupe is not quite as polished yet but it's definitely the better value if you're looking for a fun to drive RWD turbo coupe w/ brembos and LSD.

Now if you want something that looks higher end the G37 is nice but the Genesis Sedan is the classier looking car as long as you don't have the 1st year wheels.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
This is my last statement then Im through arguing with you. Did you not notice the gap from 0-60 between the EVO and Genesis? Yes, its done from a dig, everyone knows what the 0 in 0-60 means. Thats a healthy gap! Now, since you seem to be missing one completely OBVIOUS performance stat, look at the time it takes the EVO to reach 100mph vs the Genesis. Between 60 mph and 100 mph, the EVO is now a gigantic (and laughable) 3.7 seconds faster than the Genesis and picking up speed much faster than the Genesis. Now kids, what does that tell us? That tells us that no matter if the race is from a dig or a rolling start, the EVO will definitely walk a Genesis coupe.

Now, goodnight sir.
Yet you're still wrong. How you managed to decide that times recorded from a dig will at all reflect what would happen in a roll is beyond me but you obviously have no idea what the EVO's AWD system allows it to do from a dig.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik151 View Post
The Gen Coupe is not quite as polished yet but it's definitely the better value if you're looking for a fun to drive RWD turbo coupe w/ brembos and LSD.

Now if you want something that looks higher end the G37 is nice but the Genesis Sedan is the classier looking car as long as you don't have the 1st year wheels.
I'm actually putting the Genesis sedan with the V8 high on my list to replace the G35 with. At that point they should depreciate nicely.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,366 times
Even though I have never owned a Hyundai, I know they are crap. Cheaply made,but have never seen one outside of a magazine. I realize they are usually less expensive(approx 10K less.), but that doesn't matter in comparison. Why do Idiots make posts like this. My 2001 Santa Fe has 110k miles, never been to the shop, used every day,but was predicted to melt on the driveway before the warranty expired. I would buy another any day. But I'd take off the original tires still on the vehicle. Please don't compare it to an Esplanade.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfe View Post
Even though I have never owned a Hyundai, I know they are crap. Cheaply made,but have never seen one outside of a magazine. I realize they are usually less expensive(approx 10K less.), but that doesn't matter in comparison. Why do Idiots make posts like this. My 2001 Santa Fe has 110k miles, never been to the shop, used every day,but was predicted to melt on the driveway before the warranty expired. I would buy another any day. But I'd take off the original tires still on the vehicle. Please don't compare it to an Esplanade.
Insightful post, Captain Contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive