Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I can see that you have trouble digesting the entirety of a post so I'll break it down nice and simple for you. The Genesis will destroy an S2000 in a straight line (over power) and will walk an EVO if the race is not from a dig (again, the AWD advantage). On a curved track, the Genesis will still holds it own and the track layout will be a deciding factor on how well it does (lots of sharp/slow corners would give the S2000 and EVO a win). Not to mention the fact that the Genesis is much more suitable for street/highway driving.

If you aren't happy with the turbo's 210hp then get the V6. That is exactly why its there. You probably also completely ignored the fact that the turbo 4 is actually making 240hp and Hyundai is listing 210hp for marketing reasons.

The Mustang GT is a decent car with an archaic suspension setup. The Genesis will eat it on a curved track. I do love the V8 burble but you can't win all of them. Genesis FTW!

Your out of your mind if you think the Gensis will "walk" an EVO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Quote:
Why did you ignore (multiple times) the fact that I specifically mentioned that the EVO would win from a full stop? The EVO's AWD system gives it a huge advantage in 0-60 and 1/4 mile races because both times are measured from a full stop. A race into high speeds (for instance on a high speed track or freeway) would give a very different result because the EVO loses its edge at those speeds. It's drive train results in more power loss than a traditional RWD layout and it shows. It's not very hard to understand (even though I've explained it to you directly, multiple times now). I've raced EVO's, I've driven an EVO and I know a great deal about them in general. I don't need you to try and explain something you don't seem to understand.

As an example, MotorTrend's reported times for the G35 is a 0-60 of 5.7s and a quarter mile run of 14.2s @ 100.5mph while the current gen EVO (tested by R&T) did a 0-60 in 5.2s and the quarter at 13.8s @ 100mph. Notice that the G35 while being slower through the quarter mile actually managed to get a near identical trap speed over the same distance. The EVO slows down considerably at higher speeds while the G35 keeps gaining and passing the EVO. If both cars raced from a roll (mitigating the traction advantage of the AWD system) the EVO would be destroyed, the same thing would happen in a highway race.
So what should we do 2 miles races???

Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Your out of your mind if you think the Gensis will "walk" an EVO.
Trouble reading buddy? A Genesis will walk an EVO in a straight line race that isn't from a stand still. I'm sure you would agree that the average person driving aggressively on the street/highway isn't dumping their clutch at every stop light no matter what car they drive.

Since you seem to have short term memory loss issues I'll quote a sentence from the post you quoted: "Why did you ignore (multiple times) the fact that I specifically mentioned that the EVO would win from a full stop?".

Read at a slower rate next time, you might catch a few things that you missed. Cheers!

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 11-30-2009 at 09:04 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So what should we do 2 miles races???
The point is that at the end of that quarter mile many cars will catch and pass the EVO. I'd wager to say that most people drive their cars at high speeds on highways (where its safer than doing so in the streets) and that's where the other cars really count. I'm not willing to put up with the drive train strain and tire expense to race my car from a stand still so the EVO's performance from zero doesn't matter to me. I can pass one with ease on the freeway any day of the week. Even from say a 30mph roll the EVO loses its AWD advantage and is passed by other cars with slower quarter mile times.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This post is awfully hard to reconcile with this one:
And after warranty is out and we're on our umpteenth set of hub bearings, a bad window regulator, leaky trunk, etc, its real hard to keep quiet any more now that I have to pay out-of-pocket and bust some knuckles doing the work with friends. The latest problem is another bad hub bearing (4th or 5th, I forget), which will require once again torching off those STUPID giant snap rings that Hyundai uses to hold the bearing in place. Yeah, not fun. So in the past I might have enjoyed our Hyundai up to around 100K, as warranty paid for everything and all the stuff they screwed up, but now its a complete nightmare. There, does that explain it for you? Here, let me put it to you this way... say your WRX was a great car up until the warranty was up, then crap hit the fan and every other month youre forking over hundreds of dollars on REPEAT problems. Would you not curse up a storm and tell everyone how crappy they really are once they get some age on them?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
WOW, what an awesome find. Seems like he has a split personality.
No comments from the peanut gallery. Youre the stooge who thinks a Genesis coupe can outperform an EVO on every test minus racing from a dig.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
No comments from the peanut gallery. Youre the stooge who thinks a Genesis coupe can outperform an EVO on every test minus racing from a dig.
Wrong again. But you're good at doing that.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Trouble reading buddy? A Genesis will walk an EVO in a straight line race that isn't from a stand still.
To make things a little more fair for the porky Genesis coupe V6, Ill compare an EVO that is 4 model years old vs a brand-spankin-new Genesis. OUCH!!!

EVO IX:

0-60: 4.6 seconds
0-100: 11.9
5-60: 6.4
1/4 mile: 13.4 @ 104
70-0: 155'
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - Specs - Car and Driver

Genesis 3800 coupe:

0-60: 6.0 seconds
0-100: 15.6
1/4 mile: 14.5 @ 97
70-0: 165'
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 Automatic - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Now, since you seem to not comprehend anything automotive, let me do the math for you and break things down...

The EVO soundly obliterates the 3800 Genesis to 60 mph by 1.4 seconds. Do you have any idea how much of a gap that is when youre traveling at speed? And as speeds get higher (near the century mark), the EVO is a full 3.7 seconds ahead. 3.7 seconds!!!!!!!!! Thats right, the Genesis 3800 coupe gets walked like the little doggy it is.

Now that we have established the FACT that a Genesis is the EVO's little beotch, lets just leave it at that, shall we?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Wrong again. But you're good at doing that.
I am, huh? Why dont you read my post above and tell me who's wrong? Thats right Genesis fanboy, just like the Genesis coupe, you'll have to settle for second.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
To make things a little more fair for the porky Genesis coupe V6, Ill compare an EVO that is 4 model years old vs a brand-spankin-new Genesis. OUCH!!!

EVO IX:

0-60: 4.6 seconds
0-100: 11.9
1/4 mile: 13.4 @ 104
70-0: 155'
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - Specs - Car and Driver

Genesis 3800 coupe:

0-60: 6.0 seconds
0-100: 15.6
1/4 mile: 14.5 @ 97
70-0: 165'
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 Automatic - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Now, since you seem to not comprehend anything automotive, let me do the math for you and break things down...

The EVO soundly obliterates the 3800 Genesis to 60 mph by 1.4 seconds. Do you have any idea how much of a gap that is when youre traveling at speed? And as speeds get higher (near the century mark), the EVO is a full 3.7 seconds ahead. 3.7 seconds!!!!!!!!! Thats right, the Genesis 3800 coupe gets walked like the little doggy it is.

Now that we have established the FACT that a Genesis is the EVO's little beotch, lets just leave it at that, shall we?
God you're dumb. Considering that the previous gen EVO is faster than the current one how do you suppose that is "more fair"? All you can do is quote 0-60 times, good for you considering I handily admitted long ago that the EVO is a faster car from a dig (stand still). You got any more useless information to throw around? Next time you write a post spend at least a small portion of your brain (how ever minuscule it is) thinking about what it is you are typing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive