Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Wasn't he talking about the hood individually? Thats why they taped off the grill so the engine compartment wouldn't be so pressurized... which would also effectively lift the front of the car by acting like a parachute.
A properly placed front spoiler would probably keep the nose from lifting.

Anyway, I am a fan of the 'Cuda and other Mopar muscle cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Yeah, don't get me wrong, the Cuda is cool, I like it, but the comparison wasn't the best I've seen.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Yeah, don't get me wrong, the Cuda is cool, I like it, but the comparison wasn't the best I've seen.
What would you like them to compare it to? Only a small handful of cars can get over 200 mph. I dont know the price of the Cuda, but Im sure its price is pretty close to (or more than) the Enzo. And seeing old American muscle (albeit HIGHLY modified) take on exotic Italian machinery might seem a little odd, but its interesting nonetheless.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Right.

The bad comparison had to do with the body style, not the power-plant. One is built like a Formula 1 racer, and the other is more like a NASCAR machine. They're just not the same beast.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What would you like them to compare it to? Only a small handful of cars can get over 200 mph. I dont know the price of the Cuda, but Im sure its price is pretty close to (or more than) the Enzo. And seeing old American muscle (albeit HIGHLY modified) take on exotic Italian machinery might seem a little odd, but its interesting nonetheless.
Nice run, but there are quite a few cars that can get over 200 mph. Some of them, are the same ones you seem to make fun of, from time to time. . I didn't want to ruin your party. Sorry if I did. I can post more, but the thread is not about them. The point is that there are more cars out there than you think (than can eclipse the 200mph mark). Enjoy!!

And it's not just about Pedigree.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyf3g5AkI0&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jE5OCH0-Bg&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcLT...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlzIe6-bn8

A NY legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUi2H4Ejn0

And not bad for a 1.5L 4cyl motor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHuLb-rbN8

and another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82U0X...eature=related

Didn't mean to rain on your party. Again, I apologize...

Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised that the comparison wasn't with a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona or a '70 Plymouth Superbird.

Charlie Glotzbach tested a new Charger Daytona for Chrysler at its Chelsea Proving Grounds and hit speeds as high as 243 mph on the five-mile oval. According to the book "Hemi, The Ultimate American V-8," by Robert Genat. A modified one, since the production ones could not reach that speed without mods.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I'm surprised that the comparison wasn't with a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona or a '70 Plymouth Superbird.

Charlie Glotzbach tested a new Charger Daytona for Chrysler at its Chelsea Proving Grounds and hit speeds as high as 243 mph on the five-mile oval. According to the book "Hemi, The Ultimate American V-8," by Robert Genat. A modified one, since the production ones could not reach that speed without mods.
yeah but i think the orginal nascar hemi daytonas and superbirds are way to rare and are worth alot more then even that enzo was and I would be sad if a numbers matching all orginal one got wrecked in a bad accident.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah but i think the orginal nascar hemi daytonas and superbirds are way to rare and are worth alot more then even that enzo was and I would be sad if a numbers matching all orginal one got wrecked in a bad accident.
That's true. It would be best to preserve those Daytonas and Superbirds.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
In the end years from now, the Ferrari will still be more desired then the remake of a once great car. American cars are hot when they are new. A Ferrari is always a hot car to own and drive.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
200mph isn't the benchmark it once was, there's plenty of cars that can make it, and more, especially when you look at custom builds, which, considering the nature of the 'Cuda, you kind of have to.

But another musclecar would be more appropriate, or maybe just go with an actual Viper, which is where the 'Cuda sources it's power. It would be a better showcase of the improvements, engine-wise and it would be a better comparison overall.

The Enzo is a track weapon, even if it can do 218mph, that's not it's purpose, and it ends up looking a bit odd. And well.. useless.

Much like the comparison they made on Top Gear, with a Prius vs. an M3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive