U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 AM

9,361 posts, read 13,064,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
Thanks everyone-it seems like a better deal over many of the other trucks that size.
they are very upscale kinda like a lincoln navigator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 09:40 AM

9,473 posts, read 11,773,498 times
Quote:
Hi-We are car shopping and I really like the chrysler aspen. The problem is that it is not being made anymore. The car comes-from chrylser- with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty but lifetime on the powertrain-engine and transmission. Would you buy something not being produced anymore? any experiences with the car?? thanks
I purchased three Chrysler Aspens in 2007 for the company fleet. Compared to other Chrysler vehicles, I would say that they tend to be more reliable. Do realize that they are NOT inexpensive to maintain. We have had few warranty issues on these vehicles overall.

The vehicles are comfortable and come very well equipped. In November, I drove one across country and I was generally satisfied with the ride. Do realize that these things ride like a truck.

One thing that I was concerned about was having some of my elderly relatives having to climb up into the vehicles. However, in practice, this was not a problem.

They are gas hogs. Expect about 15-18 mpg maximum.

One of the worst parts about owning a Chrysler vehicle is the weak dealership network. By weak, I mean that some dealers are great and some are truly pathetic.

Even though the model has been discontinued, parts should not be a problem the life of the vehicle.

One more thing. If you are expecting a complete steal on this vehicle, you are not going to get it. With "cash for clunkers", reduced rental car fleets, and reduced corporate fleets, teh number of used cars in the market is at a long time low. Per some of the reports I have read from Manheim and GE Capital, used vehicle prices are 20-25% off of their lows.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM

4,010 posts, read 5,972,748 times
Unless you are willing to purchase it and drive it until the wheels fall off then you are going to get burnt badly on resale. It's expensive to drive and nobody should be ignoring that it is coming from Chrysler with it's dubious quality control and the fact the company may simply go up in smoke. Unlike GM, they are not going to get anymore Obamadollars and I suspect the Europeans won't have much stomach for it either. (Diamler still hasn't recovered) They have their own worries and I suspect that keeping Fiat/Chrysler viable with huge infusions of cash won't be high on their list.

If cost is your concern, then realize that initial purchase price is just a part of the picture. I think there are a lot better options out there. If you are looking for a deal, go work the GM lots.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,521 times
Quote:
Hi-We are car shopping and I really like the chrysler aspen. The problem is that it is not being made anymore. The car comes-from chrylser- with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty but lifetime on the powertrain-engine and transmission. Would you buy something not being produced anymore? any experiences with the car?? thanks

Hope you didn't do it...! The Truck sucks!

Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,521 times
I have one...it sucks! Badly made, poor re-sale value, gas hog! A mistake well learned!

Old 06-04-2011, 02:59 PM

9,734 posts, read 8,757,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Don't be surprised if Chrysler isn't around in five years.
Posted on January 8, 2010. Wow, what a difference a year and a half makes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalex234 View Post
I have one...it sucks! Badly made, poor re-sale value, gas hog! A mistake well learned!
Yeah, the Daimler-era Chrysler vehicles are not going to age too gracefully. At least the post-Daimler-era Chrysler vehicles have nice interiors and better build quality. That's what happens when the CEO cares more about the engineers' opinions than the bean-counters' opinions.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 AM

7,001 posts, read 14,577,787 times
Kinda OT, but I do not see many of these Chrysler Aspen SUVs around that often, but I think they are nice looking.

Strange, I seen a black one the other day in a local shopping plaza parking lot with out of state license plates (I think it had either Kentucky or Illinois plates) and it was all battered up... the side looked like it had been side-swiped, tailgate dented, etc. Looked like it had been that way for awhile. Just found it interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive