Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What about truck drivers deliberately forming a rolling road block while approaching a construction zone, or anywhere else you have to merge into one lane?

Mother's Day weekend I was heading east on I-80, and two truckers had traffic backed up for a couple miles, creeping along side by side at 10 mph and occasionally braking, but with no one in front of them for about a half mile. Steams my muffins!!

Cars do this, too, I know. Bugs me then, too!
Ohio girl, I'm with ya! I wish EVERYONE would just take turns merging and letting each other in; it works in Germany and other European countries reasonably well. I'm SO frustrated with drivers that try to beat everyone else to the last inch of the lane that's closing for construction. I've seen SO many crashes where that car runs out of space... Some states ticket truckers for "impeding traffic" and some states I've heard comments on the c.b. thanking us for doing it. I usually just pick a lane and stay in it because I don't really believe you save any real time by "lane jumping".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I particularly dislike people in SUV's that stick the nose of their vehicle out into an intersection far enough to block the view of cars trying to make a right turn. Yeah, like you can't see halfway to Arkansas in that gas-guzzling behemoth.

From me to all of you: Well, I can't say it here the mod would likely pull the post.

Oh, DON'T get me started on that!

My tiny Toyota truck can't see around your BIG 'OL LEXUS LANDCRUISER (or HUMMER, or WHATEVER)...
I inch up, he inches up...I'm stuck until he has the light.

Those lines they paint on the road...eh, they were just bored that day...

Legal left-hand turn-arounds (crossing over a street) are another foe if the break in the median is straddled by an SUV next to me...same thing...DUDE, I'd like to go and I was here first, but now I can't see on-coming traffic. Don't get pissed at me because you blocked my view!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Ah yes! A pet peeve of mine that rarely gets mentioned when discussions arise about bad drivers. Whether it is a left turn or right turn, no one that was behind you should be sticking their nose out far enough, so that now you can't see one direction or the other. It is especially commonplace and irritating when you are attempting to turn left. If your going right, obviously if you have any decent instinct, your not going to not be able to go, while the person going left can go. You have to look both directions and it can be painsaking enough when it is a busy road without some chowder head who has been at the intersection for less time than you, pulling ahead to your right further out than you! I give them the finger every time. Usually if you sit back beyond the first vehicle in line to go left,, it's very easy to see as to when you can go right. Wait, and then proceed to go right from that point. Don't nose out beyond me without knowing if you can even turn yet!

That's what I wanna mean!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:30 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
The wannabeaheaders :s

I hate when youre on the highway doing 70MPH and somebody is doing like 68MPH and you pass them out. Then ten seconds later they fly by you, only to slow down to 68MPH again, that drives me insane!

Old 05-31-2007, 04:31 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
My dad was driving to work one day and he was at a stoplight and the woman in the car next to him was on her cell phone and getting dressed.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Did he take pictures ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive