Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Believe what you want to believe. Anyone with half a brain and semi-functional street smarts can see the truth.
I'm just quoting what you stated. I'm not denying that something is wrong with Toyota's but making ridiculous claims like those by the OP of the "Toyota Lie" thread and those views which you are supporting is down right ridiculous. They don't make sense whether you think Toyota is in the wrong or right, particularly from either a financial or damage control perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And how many people are jumping on the band wagon just to get on the news or in the paper?
I don't even bother looking for each of them but I'm sure there's a bus load of crazies out there willing to speak to a news reporter in regards to just about anything.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I don't even bother looking for each of them but I'm sure there's a bus load of crazies out there willing to speak to a news reporter in regards to just about anything.
You should have quit while you were ahead. That's all I have to say.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 02-03-2010 at 12:54 AM..

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You should have quit while you were ahead. That's all I have to say.
Good thing what you think doesn't carry much importance right?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,335,319 times
Car recalls + media hype are going to become more and more common.

- People make crappy cars (number one reason)
- They make crappy cars because consumers demand cheap cars (enabler)
- No one accepts blame. Drivers blame and sue. Companies have tested things and it's hard to convince them there is a problem. They have to repeat the problem before they accept responsibility. Then they have to protect themselves. All companies do this.
- Our risk perception is all wrong. In my state 58 people have died since Jan. 1 in auto accidents. Most of them are related to distracted driving, impared driving or driving too fast for conditions. None of them were "runaway cars" or recalled cars. But the basic facts aren't news.

In other Toytota news, 14 people have complained about the regen brake system in the Prius having a serious drop in performance on bumpy roads. The Japanese government is looking into it. Have fun with this one too.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
There's a silver lining in every cloud. Maybe the resale will go up on my old GMC Sierra that costs over $200/month in repairs to keep going. I will then sell it and finally get that new used Tundra I want.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 AM

36 posts, read 74,992 times
I just heard something on MSNBC regarding Brakes on the Toyota Prius. They said the accelerator problem was vehicles made in North America, but the Prius is made in Japan. Looks like a whole new problem for the Toyota camp.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM

521 posts, read 870,209 times
I heard on the business channel this morning that there could be an electromagnitism
problem concerning the computer.Well if thats true this expensive recall may be for naught.that would make the actual fix more evasive.But if you think about it ,if you were a car company that has a serious runaway problem and could tweek the gas pedal to ease the dumb public fears you'd do it.Everybody knows what a gas pedal is and can get their head around that inconvenience.But with focusing on this other problem ,the public will never fully trust the car again.consumer cofidence means alot.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm just quoting what you stated. I'm not denying that something is wrong with Toyota's but making ridiculous claims like those by the OP of the "Toyota Lie" thread and those views which you are supporting is down right ridiculous. They don't make sense whether you think Toyota is in the wrong or right, particularly from either a financial or damage control perspective.
You're right. It doesn't make sense. Tell Toyota that. They are the ones trying to hide the real problem.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
Car recalls + media hype are going to become more and more common.

- People make crappy cars (number one reason)
- They make crappy cars because consumers demand cheap cars (enabler)
- No one accepts blame. Drivers blame and sue. Companies have tested things and it's hard to convince them there is a problem. They have to repeat the problem before they accept responsibility. Then they have to protect themselves. All companies do this.
- Our risk perception is all wrong. In my state 58 people have died since Jan. 1 in auto accidents. Most of them are related to distracted driving, impared driving or driving too fast for conditions. None of them were "runaway cars" or recalled cars. But the basic facts aren't news.

In other Toytota news, 14 people have complained about the regen brake system in the Prius having a serious drop in performance on bumpy roads. The Japanese government is looking into it. Have fun with this one too.

I agree with this entire post. Mistakes are going to happen. The fiasco here is not the (still unresolved) issue but how Toyota is handling it. They have been dodging this issue for years and spawning one lie after another to their gullible followers.

This last recall is only because the government pushed them and they had to push hard just to get Toyota to publicly acknowledge there is a problem. By the time it is over, I doubt anyone will trust Toyota.

The above is just my opinion....

Last edited by DowntownVentura; 02-03-2010 at 09:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion