Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 PM

153 posts, read 860,687 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I have learned not to cry over spilt milk. You cannot change what is done so let it go. It took a long time to learn that, but I have and its time to be happy and not mad or I will only ruin my life.
I figure the jerks that mess with the good people do get there end of the pogo stick one day. Hopefully in the right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I am a firm believer in KARMA, Breezmom.

In spite of the bad experience, it sure sounds like you are taking it in stride and moving on with your life. Hopefully your vehicle problems will be few and far between in the future.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezmom View Post
I hope karma is real, for the car dealer and my ex husband.
LOL! You sound like me.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM

153 posts, read 860,687 times
We gotta keep hope alive, somehow.
Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions. Keep em coming.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Karma is all I can say, the car dealer will get what is coming to him.
One can only hope!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
WQell;sometimes lesson are expensive . Find a good mechanic and next time you buy a car lets him check it out. What goes aroun dcomes around as they say. Beleiev me if that dealer keeps doing thsi evntually he will get someone whpo isn't goign to atke no for an answer;tehn he proably will be calling the police for help but a jury decides.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Goodness, that's awful that this person took advantage of your situation and sold you a bad vehicle. I would contact the state's attorney general, the DMV or dealer licensing authority, and see if you can get any redress through the BBB, even if it's only to pay for a portion of the repairs. If you document complaints for such behaviors, the authorities can investigate, and if they find anything, they will bring him to justice.

You're not the only person upon whom he has pulled such a deal, so don't feel as though it's your fault at all. You are NOT at fault at all. You purchased a vehicle from a supposedly licensed professional, in the form of a dealership. That's completely different than being swindled one-on-one, and I would take it to the highest authority possible to get redress. Sometimes, such places will pay you off to settle the matter because they don't want regulatory authority attention, nor negative media attention.

I don't know if you have a consumer reporter on television, but this is a case that they might be able to help you pursue. It has the hallmarks of a story that might make it to air, too, since in your situation you had nobody to trust and fell victim to a swindler.

And, you have learned a lesson, that sadly you should not have had to learn this way because you bought from a dealer. Where is the regulatory authority? The deal he pulled bespeaks classic fraud, so I would document everything and stand up for your rights as a consumer. Contact your local and state politicians to see if there is anything that they know what to do, since a state's representative might have some insight, and perhaps you can get one who will propose a legislative change -- you never know. Make some noise, if not naming the other party, then in general to get something done to try to shut down all of these dealers. Nobody should be victimized by such salespersons, and they're the places that give all car dealers a bad name.

I hope that the van is going to be as trouble-free as possible.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-25-2010, 10:06 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times
Dont Kias come with 100,000 mile powertrain warranties? If so, cant the vehicle be taken to a Kia dealer to be inspected?? I'd take it to a Kia dealer, have them check it out, and if the damage isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty, get written estimates of what needs to be done, and go raise hell at that dealership. You need to stand up for yourself or you just burned away $4500.... CASH.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:12 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Unfortunately, Kia/Hyundai warranties don't transfer to subsequent owners. It's 100k if you do everything by the dealer, or with detailed receipts from legitimate shops, and you are the original owner. That's one reason why Kia/Hyundai resale values are significantly lower than their competition.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times
^Ahhh.. that sucks.. Wonder if she could track down the original owner through a carfax or something?? Hmmmm...

Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
breezmom - Sorry for your ordeal and hope that KIA doesn't give you any more trouble.

At least you're taking it well being the circumstances.

As I was reading this thread it reminded me of some lyrics of a Paul McCartney / Wings song called "Deliver Your Children".

Here is part of the lyrics:

Well, i was low on money
And my truck broke down
I was on my way to the lost and found
So i took it to a dealer
I said make it run
Well, i ain't got no money
But i got me a gun

I said you robbed me before
So i'm robbing you back
And if it don't put you straight
It'll put you on the right track
Well, i ain't no devil and i ain't no saint
But i can tell a dealer by the colour of his paint

I wish you Great fortune and Karma from this point forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive