Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:54 AM

404 posts, read 1,555,956 times

Advertisements

i believe in dishing out bad karma to those who deserve it

heck, i got a great deal on my car, in "perfect" condition. then i found a slight door imperfection and came to know the door had some PDR (paintless dent removal) work done for a small dent before the dealer sold it to me, but they left a small crease that couldn't be removed easily at the edge i didn't notice until a week later. it doesn't even affect the door gap, but if you look closely you can see it there on the lower part of the drivers door

i raised a bit of hell about that directed at the sales manager. i loathe to think what i would have done if some dealership took me for $4,500!

EDIT: and here it is. those bastards!! (photo enhanced to make more apparent)

Last edited by ploopy; 01-26-2010 at 01:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM

153 posts, read 860,518 times
hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
i believe in dishing out bad karma to those who deserve it

heck, i got a great deal on my car, in "perfect" condition. then i found a slight door imperfection and came to know the door had some PDR (paintless dent removal) work done for a small dent before the dealer sold it to me, but they left a small crease that couldn't be removed easily at the edge i didn't notice until a week later. it doesn't even affect the door gap, but if you look closely you can see it there on the lower part of the drivers door

i raised a bit of hell about that directed at the sales manager. i loathe to think what i would have done if some dealership took me for $4,500!

EDIT: and here it is. those bastards!! (photo enhanced to make more apparent)

Old 01-28-2010, 08:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezmom View Post
I recently purchased a Kia Sedona van. It is a 2004 and I paid $4500. They told me nothing is wrong with it and I believed them. There was a knocking noise in the front and he told me it was because it was raining and the strut was wet.

I now have the car and that noise is very bad, and its not wet anymore, the brakes are screaming, the interior lights of the car do not work, the window has 2 cracks. I know I should have taken it to a mechanic, but being it was a dealer place I believed them.

Also the ad stated it has a sunroof, power sliding doors, power seats and rear sliding windows, none of which it has.

Do I stand a chance on taking them to court and winning if he refused to give me my money back. I hope someone can help me.
If you bought it "as is" in accordance to the sticker in the window or some other written proof it doesn't matter what the salesperson told you. Get something to drink because you have a big plate of 'experience' to chow on.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 PM

One ice cold pepsi please, make it a double.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If you bought it "as is" in accordance to the sticker in the window or some other written proof it doesn't matter what the salesperson told you. Get something to drink because you have a big plate of 'experience' to chow on.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezmom View Post
One ice cold pepsi please, make it a double.
I think he was referring to a beer.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:18 PM

I know he was, but I dont drink alcohol so I ordered my pepsi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I think he was referring to a beer.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Breeze, If your looking for a wee fight, sit down and on a paper list everything you can find wrong. Then go to another shop and have them confirm on paper that you are correct in your diagnostics. That shouldn't cost much to be told the problems are in fact problems and maybe get an estimate.

With these now facts go the the Better Business folks and file a complaint. That may or not get much for you, but a business that gets so many complaints gets a uncomfortable visit sooner or later.

It might be you save another person, not that it helps you.

I doubt a used car dealer who is willing to lie to dear old grannie for a buck is all that motivated to go around harming people to include small children.

Most car sales men are not very motivated for more than gathering bucks. That is about as motivated as they get. They got that sharp lookin suit a fancy tie, shiney beat up shoes and some chino pants. They are not car techs of any sort either. They probably don't know any more about what they are selling than you do.

I would go file the claim, and then go tell that guy you did, and to pee up a tree, for good measure.

Get rid of this vehical inside of 90 days... Tell the next guy what you did, and what is wrong. Find another vehical and go over that with a fine pick and comb.

LOOK, I mean get into junkie jeans, tie up your hair and get down and look.

Look at the inside of each door, the part you don't see when the doors are closed. Look at the glass, I mean look right at it and inspect every inch. Try out everything.. Roll the wndows down and put them back up a few time and look as you do it..

Look every where under the vehical for rust. Look for oil leals, look for wet metal, look for scrapes.

IF and WHEN your inspection is passed on a vehical tell them the next step is going to be a test drive, and to another shop, but don't say what shop.

Have that arrainged and agreed to for the cost for other engine tests. A compression test is mandatory. A good tech can drive a vehical 1 mile and should know everything there is wrong with it.

Any car sales man that talks down to you, you can feel free to use the most colorfull language you can muster. A car sales man is low in the barrel of life... scum

Never ever allow a car salesman to talk down to you.. B'tch slap any that do, and remind them you are a lady which is pretty clear to me, but that you still don't have to suffer at your expence to a leech of life which is a car salesman.

I worked with them for nearly 30 years. In my day a few un-wise salesmen were dragged right over the top of their desks.. That tends to mess up their papers alot..

Never ever treat a sales man as if he were human. They look like humans, but i assure you they are not. I find blood suckers in the ponds here, and these guy are their cousins.. Never Never ever Never DATE One!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive