U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM

8,487 posts, read 9,895,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I searched the Toyota website, and could not find a Toyota S.
2010 Toyota Matrix models and prices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM

7,989 posts, read 16,238,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
If you don't even get the model name correct, that tends to blow your credibility right out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Very true, hence no more posts from the OP.
You guys are tough.

If I had that many "insignificant" problems with a vehicle less than one month old, I probably would conveniently forget the model name too.

Definitely not likely though as I would never buy a Toyota in the first place.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 PM

2,846 posts, read 6,297,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
that's neat if toyota made that with it's I-force DOHC 5.7 V8 I bet they would sell good and be a blast to drive but then again toyota does not make fun cars like that anymore...
LOL I think you might be seriously overestimating the size of that automobile....though if a Rover V8 will fit in an MG Midget (which is roughly the same size), I guess anything is possible!

Even a little 1.2l or 1.4l four would be a huge step up from that little Toyo's aircooled 800cc Flat-2, which puts down a blazing 28HP. Probably still pretty fun to drive, though.

The FJ Cruiser seems fun to me, but not so many other current Toyotas do. Then again, some folks' idea of fun is pretending to save the planet by driving a Prius and listening to NPR Podcasts. I think you're right, if they sold a "retro" version of that car (a little bigger, of course) even with an off the shelf, small displacement, twin-cam four it'd be a blast to drive, get 35-40MPG and sell like hotcakes. Market it as a competitor to both the Mazda Miata and Mini Cooper S. Instant classic!

BTW yes, I know this is totally off-topic.....but it's way more interesting to me than discussing some really vague flaws in yet another thread bashing Toyota. Blah blah blah accelerator pedals blah blah blah Ford Pinto blah blah blah recall blah blah blah floormat blah blah blah lemon blah blah blah ain't what she usedta be blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,129,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
You guys are tough.

If I had that many "insignificant" problems with a vehicle less than one month old, I probably would conveniently forget the model name too.

Definitely not likely though as I would never buy a Toyota in the first place.
Well, I AM tough. What can I say?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 PM

8,958 posts, read 8,612,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Well it must be a super high end luxury or sports car. Go to a Toyota dealership and tell them you want to buy a Toyota S. lol
Oh, I see. You don't know then so the elusive "S" is a figment of everyone's imagination. Ok, I get it now..........

Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 PM

43,401 posts, read 47,342,340 times
No toyota does not list a S model.I have to laugh about the pedal because the local dealer is repalcing the poedal now and it take 40 minutes and is one peice . Any dealer will know if they have the pedal.I think a troll is smelled.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 PM

8,958 posts, read 8,612,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think a troll is smelled.
Yep, sure enough.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No toyota does not list a S model.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12788789-post20.html
My toyota lemon.......

Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,906,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I also tried to tell everyone that on the first page of the thread, but they just would not listen.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12787519-post8.html

Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I also tried to tell everyone that on the first page of the thread, but they just would not listen.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12787519-post8.html
You missed the Matrix though.........

No matter, they'll still ignore it. They're in call-out a "troll" mode tonight.
It's too bad they didn't check the OP's profile page before they spoke.<egg on face>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive