Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 01:20 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times

Advertisements

Regardless of the weather conditions you will ALWAYS see a vehicle with headlights on before one that doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 01:47 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
I would rather see "Wipers On-Light On" sensor. Should be standard on every vehicle. Can't see any reason someone would ***** about this one..
And its always the silver or grey (invisible) car that does not have its lights on in the rain, fog, etc...

No way, really. Well that is cool. what year is the Ram?
2012. It has an option to turn it on or off, but it's defaulted to on.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:51 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,764,129 times
Keyed ignition is a useless luxury. Let's go back to hand-cranking our engines, back before we had all these silly electronics that just made things more expensive.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:00 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,589,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Well then PS,PW,P/seats, PB, P/door locks, auto transmission, P/mirrors, self canceling signals, etc. makes everyone pretty lazy, so why buy a car with these dopey gadgets?
Most of what you described actually is a feature that helps and is useful vs a novelty feature like rain sensing wipers. Just like most technology made these days in various products in my opinion is novelty.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
I like rain-sensing wipers. They're not a necessity, but they do help, say in cases of light, intermittent rain. More of a convenience feature than a safety feature. As for automatic running headlights, I'm fully used to those. I'm 23 and have had them ever since my first car.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:34 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Heard a new convenience feature,an auto dimming rear view mirror. Pretty soon theres going to be nothing left for the driver to do except be a passenger in a self driving car..

Old 02-10-2016, 06:23 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Its quite obvious that some people like certain options where others do not. Who cares if you like an option and someone else does not? Perfect reason why cars should have to be ordered from the factory as requested by the individual. I honestly do not see the need for these manufacturers to pump out the number of cars each year that they do with meaningless options and a higher price tag. The auto manufacturers would have to scale down but as a consumer I don't really care, I just want to buy a car I like with the options that fit my needs at the right price. I hate all of the technology in cars these days but rain sensing wipers would be one of the few options I would actually like to have.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:43 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,586,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Heard a new convenience feature,an auto dimming rear view mirror. Pretty soon theres going to be nothing left for the driver to do except be a passenger in a self driving car..

Nothing new about them. My 2001 GMC Sierra had one. They've been around for decades. All three of my current vehicles have them and I like them. They're a good thing to have.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,586,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Its quite obvious that some people like certain options where others do not. Who cares if you like an option and someone else does not? Perfect reason why cars should have to be ordered from the factory as requested by the individual. I honestly do not see the need for these manufacturers to pump out the number of cars each year that they do with meaningless options and a higher price tag. The auto manufacturers would have to scale down but as a consumer I don't really care, I just want to buy a car I like with the options that fit my needs at the right price. I hate all of the technology in cars these days but rain sensing wipers would be one of the few options I would actually like to have.
You would hate my Hyundai Sonata. Just yesterday, within a five second period, my wife managed to set off the collision warning, lane departure warning and the blind spot alert. Good thing each warning has its own specific sound so you can tell which one is going off.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
You would hate my Hyundai Sonata. Just yesterday, within a five second period, my wife managed to set off the collision warning, lane departure warning and the blind spot alert. Good thing each warning has its own specific sound so you can tell which one is going off.

Haha, yeah I don't like all that stuff in my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive