Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 AM

444 posts, read 1,249,778 times

Advertisements

Insurnace will not matter much on the V6 or V8..Most companies rate the car itself more than the engine. My insurnace agent told me when I was 19, it would have only made a $15-$20 differenace a month.

No opinion on the new one, but I've had a '95 V6 and '99 SS. I'd get a base model V8..not for the burnouts, but it is a heavy car..you'll apprecaite the little extra hp on ramps & hwy passing. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 03:17 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,260,808 times
QUOTE=AlfredB1979;12905635]1.
Quote:
Couldn't argue with that. The car looks like a 2nd Gen Camaro met a Stingray rear. It also looks like that GM realized that the 4th Gen wasn't exactly easy to see out of...and made it worse. That aside...
more like a XLR Caddy met a Chrystler 300

also, the 4th gen is very easy to see out of. it has what amounts to a "bubble cockpit."

Quote:
2. I doubt a v6 Camaro loses its value in regards to % resale any noticeably worse than a v8 once all the idiot seller markups are taken out of the equation. That's like saying a v6 XL work trim F150 loses resale more than a King Ranch SuperCrew 4x4. Well, taking into account that the SuperCrew costs twice as much...maybe not. While I am not a GM fan, per se, I doubt they toss a v6 and brakes in there that can't handle a couple of tons...but, maybe since I don't drive GMs as a habit, I have unfounded confidence in them. Who knows. ANY engine needs a good dose of RPMs to be effective at that.
well, obviously youre not a "muscle car guy." we are talking about a Camaro, are we not? let's just say, i've owned a few. and their drop in resale value far exceeds the difference in retail price. a 6 cylinder 4th gen is basically worthless. it's alot tougher sell without the draw of "performance."

also, as far as the brakes and chasis, what i meant was that they put bigger, better brakes on the SS (that's part of the increased cost). the OP said he intended to do "pampered" driving. therefore, in the long run, the bigger brakes and bigger motor are going to outlast the standard issue in terms of reliability.

Quote:
If the OP wants a v6 that runs on regular gas, so be it. If you're against that, pay for an SS for him then.
that statement seems wildly inappropriate, given the fact that all i did was offer up a few things to consider before he lays his money down. it's not like i attacked him personally or anything like that.

Last edited by Linson; 02-15-2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,065,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
QUOTE=AlfredB1979;12905635]1.
more like a XLR Caddy met a Chrystler 300

also, the 4th gen is very easy to see out of. it has what amounts to a "bubble cockpit."

well, obviously youre not a "muscle car guy." we are talking about a Camaro, are we not? let's just say, i've owned a few. and their drop in resale value far exceeds the difference in retail price. a 6 cylinder 4th gen is basically worthless. it's alot tougher sell without the draw of "performance."

also, as far as the brakes and chasis, what i meant was that they put bigger, better brakes on the SS (that's part of the increased cost). the OP said he intended to do "pampered" driving. therefore, in the long run, the bigger brakes and bigger motor are going to outlast the standard issue in terms of reliability.

that statement seems wildly inappropriate, given the fact that all i did was offer up a few things to consider before he lays his money down. it's not like i attacked him personally or anything like that.
Not really sure where you're seeing any Chrysler 300 in the design.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:49 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,851,383 times
Quote:

LOL. And it looked too much like the Geo Storm.
Well, at least the Storm didn't have that ridiculous ridge on the top of the fenders like the Camaro.

Quote:
it's not like i attacked him personally or anything like that.
See quote below.......

Quote:
the fact that when you stated that you were specifically in the market for a 6-cylinder model, I assumed you were a woman (I'm not joking),

Old 02-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Not really sure where you're seeing any Chrysler 300 in the design.
the chopped roof line.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Well, at least the Storm didn't have that ridiculous ridge on the top of the fenders like the Camaro.

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/1993/Geo/10685/1993.geo.storm.4721-396x249.jpg (broken link)

yes. the Geo Storm is a far better looking vehicle than the 93-97 Z28.

ridiculous ridge on the top of the fenders? i suppose you mean the front fender flares. you find that ridiculous? does it look ridiculous on a Corvette too? you're saying the car would look better with a straight front fender - like on a Geo Storm? sure buddy. that sounds great.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,299,034 times
Quote:
you might take that as a personal attack, but youre a hyper-sensitive douche bag.

i would have only made such an attack to the OP in a joking manner, and as i stated, i literally wasnt joking - i did assume he was a woman until he stated otherwise. i only brought it up as a mere thing to consider (not even the be-all-end-all) before fully commiting to buying the 6-cylinder Camaro. i gave the guy the same advise i would give to a friend - except a friend, i would have attacked relentlessly as being a half-a-*** for opting for the V-6.
yeah I thought the same too around here most of the V6 mustangs even more so for V6 convertibles are owned by young girls and the mustang GT's seem to be owned by guys no disrespect to the OP though that's just what I see and assumed it was same for the camaro too. If you are planning on going with the V6 model go for the RS it has a nicer body kit and better factory rims and tires then the base LS model

Old 02-15-2010, 04:15 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,851,383 times
Quote:
yes. the Geo Storm is a far better looking vehicle than the 93-97 Z28.
The Storm and the 4th gen Camaro equally both look like SISSY cars. You can stuff whatever you want under the hood of your Camaro, but 90% of the public will still think it looks like a girlie car. Try asking some of your friends that don't live in a trailer park.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:31 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,768,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah I thought the same too around here most of the V6 mustangs even more so for V6 convertibles are owned by young girls and the mustang GT's seem to be owned by guys no disrespect to the OP though that's just what I see and assumed it was same for the camaro too. If you are planning on going with the V6 model go for the RS it has a nicer body kit and better factory rims and tires then the base LS model
I got the RS package ... rear spoiler , 20" wheels , black stripes on the hood and trunk. Looks real sharp. Loving it so far. The auto trans shifts unbelievably smooth . Motor quiet. Bit of a raspy sound out the exhaust...just the right amount for my liking. Love the stance of it...looks aggressive . Good size trunk really. Surprisingly wide tires : Fronts are 245's and rears are 275's . Handling is incredible . I could only get em down $400 off of sticker after dickering . Happy camper here.

Last edited by 007.5; 02-15-2010 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,299,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The Storm and the 4th gen Camaro equally both look like SISSY cars. You can stuff whatever you want under the hood of your Camaro, but 90% of the public will still think it looks like a girlie car. Try asking some of your friends that don't live in a trailer park.
what back in the late 90's early 00's the 4th gen camaro's were some of the best bang for you buck sports cars out there. the LT1 and LS1 camaro's and trans-am's were hard to beat back then for a perfomance car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC