U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 12,535,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I got the RS package ... rear spoiler , 20" wheels , black stripes on the hood and trunk. Looks real sharp. Loving it so far. The auto trans shifts unbelievably smooth . Motor quiet. Bit of a raspy sound out the exhaust...just the right amount for my liking. Love the stance of it...looks aggressive . Good size trunk really. Surprisingly wide tires : Fronts are 245's and rears are 275's . Handling is incredible . I could only get em down $400 off of sticker after dickering . Happy camper here.
awsome sounds like you got a nice ride I always liked the RS with the lower more aggresive stance over the base LS model
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM

8,241 posts, read 9,371,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
what back in the late 90's early 00's the 4th gen camaro's were some of the best bang for you buck sports cars out there. the LT1 and LS1 camaro's and trans-am's were hard to beat back then for a perfomance car.
The same could be said for the '00-era GTO's. Everybody passed on them because it looked like a Sunfire on steroids.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I got the RS package ... rear spoiler , 20" wheels , black stripes on the hood and trunk. Looks real sharp. Loving it so far. The auto trans shifts unbelievably smooth . Motor quiet. Bit of a raspy sound out the exhaust...just the right amount for my liking. Love the stance of it...looks aggressive . Good size trunk really. Surprisingly wide tires : Fronts are 245's and rears are 275's . Handling is incredible . I could only get em down $400 off of sticker after dickering . Happy camper here.
Congrats. Enjoy the car.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM

1,942 posts, read 3,367,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The Storm and the 4th gen Camaro equally both look like SISSY cars. You can stuff whatever you want under the hood of your Camaro, but 90% of the public will still think it looks like a girlie car. Try asking some of your friends that don't live in a trailer park.
well, i take it by the use of the "big grin" emoticon at the end of all of this, that you dont mean to be taken seriously. that's good.

now had you said that 90% of the public thinks a 4th gen Camaro looks like a white trash, redneck car (which you also alluded to - both clever and original) i might have been on board. but i can assure you that 90% of the public does not think 4th gen F-Bodies look like "girlie" or "chick" cars - particularly V8 models. you must have pulled that number outta your ass.

btw, i guess you were unable to reconcile this statement
Quote:
For the people that missed it the 1st time, the OP is 55 and he's not interested in doing burnouts.
with my well intentioned initial post. i honestly more than half expected that you would ignore my query, as you did.

great job...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post

great job...
Thanks.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:21 AM

442 posts, read 697,715 times
Quote:
I got the RS package ..... Happy camper here.
Congrats on your purchase. I hope you enjoy it for many years..

Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 AM

3,832 posts, read 7,825,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah I thought the same too around here most of the V6 mustangs even more so for V6 convertibles are owned by young girls and the mustang GT's seem to be owned by guys no disrespect to the OP though that's just what I see and assumed it was same for the camaro too. If you are planning on going with the V6 model go for the RS it has a nicer body kit and better factory rims and tires then the base LS model
There's nothing girlie about 300 hp.....whether it's coming from a V8 or a V6.

(kinda wish they could have made the car lighter...but I digress...)

Remember the 80's? Holy jeez the ToTL V8 camaro's didn't top 250 HP! They were total dogs but back then we thought they were awesome. Having owned a 3rd Gen V8 Camaro I can tell you....they sucked.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:41 PM

9,608 posts, read 5,182,203 times
Quote:
Going to most likely lay down cash today on a new 2010 Camaro 1 lt package with v-6 motor. How has your 2010 Camaro been thus far ? Any disappointments ? Thanks.
Don't own one, but want one!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 PM

3,190 posts, read 5,849,761 times
I've seen a lot around, so it appears that they're selling reasonably well. Are the Chevy dealers doing a better job with the whole buying experience than Pontiac did with the GTO?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 PM

339 posts, read 502,610 times
Quote:
'Fast' is a relative term ; 304 h.p. from a V-6 is plenty of power for getting up to speed or for passing people on the highways . Im a 55 year old responsible Male ... not a speed junkie who needs to burn rubber at every stop light . I have no desire to street race with it or go to the local drag strip and thrash it. By the way, I already have a Hyundai V6 for regular use , and like it alot.
It sounds to me like the 1LT v6 would be a good fit for you. Are you a fan of the older Camaros too, or just like the new redesigned model?

edit: congratulations on the purchase, now post up some pictures for us to see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive