Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:16 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,402,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
You must have had your head in the sand and still have yet to pull it out. Build quality? We have been kicking the far east behinds for years in quality, just wasn't given the appreciations for it.
Interiors have been better looking, better seating, more comfortable,and none of any type car has been better in interior real quality. As for outside quality, you kidding right? The ugliest cars on the road are from Japanese car makers. Goes for the super ugly trucks they build too. Ford has had smaller fender/door/hood/trunk/gap spaces in it's vehicles for years than the japan brand vehicles. There again, not given credit for it.
As for which engineers want to build a better product, It isn't the ones in the Japanese companies. But what did happen is lowlife bean counters has kept American car designers from showing how good they are. The engineers in the US companies are second to none!!! BTW, What has teh far east companies invented new to the automotive world? NOTHING!!!! They have however taken the ideas from the American companies and copied them while CLAIMING to be first. Like the ligt by the key switch ad toyota had years ago. Next time after seeing that ad, I went out to my 61 Catalinas (I had 3 at the time, still have 1) and yep, the light around the key switch still worked. So did the one in my 74 Dodge.

As for bmw and mercedes, they are not as good as you wish they were. Work in their plants and see the real side of them.

Are you serious?

You're speaking of patriotic duty, not reality. Come on dude, let's be real.

This is an emotional rant. Nothing to be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 10:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,800,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian18 View Post

and what american car can beat the gtr around a track? Lol
a ZR1..

Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 PM

27 posts, read 48,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
a ZR1..
yup good try but that was in a straight line

Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,831,109 times
Quote:

Nürburgring lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ZR1 is above the GT-R. Go cry yourself to sleep now. Oh, the Viper ACR is quite a bit up there as well.

Car & Driver's last issue has the Lightning Laps at VIR. The Corvettes cleaned house, especially the ZR1. I don't remember if they had a GT-R or not, can't find the article online.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,800,012 times
Quote:
do your homework, son, before you claim something like that. Its not even a comparison.. over a second faster per lap the Vette is at streets of willow. Not even close. Not one test did the vette lose .. stopping, corning, slalom acceleration. none of em

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 vs. 2009 Nissan GT-R Comparison Test

and Motor trend had it 2 seconds faster at las vegas motor speedway..

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...lap_times.html

Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,263,388 times
Quote:
build quality in america is better??? tell that to my accord (everyday car... boring car) which has 300,000 miles (bought it with 230k lol), and my maxima (the beast of a car!) 190k miles with turbo, new headers, exhaust kit. had them on for about 3 years now, my grandmas 1986 acura integra, 250k miles

against

my dads new pontiac G8... maybe 40k miles on it, and hes had to take that thing in so many times... my families old pontiac grand am... broke at 120k, old dodge truck, 130k lol

an my old ass honda has a nicer interior then my dads G8 lol

and toyota has come up with so many new inovations, but most of the new inventions for cars now days is probly mostly VW (including all companies they own) then toyota, then honda.

and what american car can beat the GTR around a track? lol

and idc how they make BMWs... i still want an M3 haha

Name 10 inovations toyota has come up with. As for what American car can kick the hell out of a gtr? Corvette, Shelby, Viper, Ford Lighting truck, should I continue?

Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Name 10 inovations toyota has come up with. As for what American car can kick the hell out of a gtr? Corvette, Shelby, Viper, Ford Lighting truck, should I continue?

True. Now, find me a V6 3.8l twin turbo, AWD American car that did it. (You wont find an American car under 3.5 liters making the same power Japanese and European cars make). They relied too much on displacement. Now they're adding forced induction .

(Not some excessive displacement mobiles you just mentioned).

While I respect these cars, I have to say they always rely on excessive engine sizes. That's what always turned me off from these cars.

I had a 3.0 liter Supra turbo that used to kick my friend's Grand National 3.8 liter V6 with many mods, on the track, it wasn't fun anymore. Granted I loved his car, and the aftermarket support if had, but that car could not handle or stop for crap. It had the gusto in the straight line, but that's not all a car should do. It has to turn, take corners, stop, and have balance.

Again, I'm a car guy, and give credit when and where it's due.

Oh by the way, Kenny....sold his GN for a Twin Turbo Z. Hasn't looked back. He owns a Nissan GT-R now btw (runs high 10s, and driven to work the next day). (Videos are on YouTube).

THEN:

Show me 10 recent innovations Domestic car makers have come up within the last 5 years, that other car makers in the world have followed.

I'm waiting...you know what.

Give me 5, and it's a wrap.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,374,420 times
Quote:
build quality in america is better??? tell that to my accord (everyday car... boring car) which has 300,000 miles (bought it with 230k lol), and my maxima (the beast of a car!) 190k miles with turbo, new headers, exhaust kit. had them on for about 3 years now, my grandmas 1986 acura integra, 250k miles

against

my dads new pontiac G8... maybe 40k miles on it, and hes had to take that thing in so many times... my families old pontiac grand am... broke at 120k, old dodge truck, 130k lol

an my old ass honda has a nicer interior then my dads G8 lol

and toyota has come up with so many new inovations, but most of the new inventions for cars now days is probly mostly VW (including all companies they own) then toyota, then honda.

and what american car can beat the GTR around a track? lol

and idc how they make BMWs... i still want an M3 haha

my 1994 chevy barretta......320,000 miles and still going

Old 02-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for these innovations from the domestics, I asked for.

Still looking? You'll be there for a while.

Enjoy!!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 AM

5,003 posts, read 12,321,491 times
Obvious troll is obvious. Or a Japanophile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive