U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 AM

3,306 posts, read 9,017,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
It amazes me that some folks still do not use seat belts!

A friend and co-workers son is in critical condition at this moment because of such idiocy.

Another example of personal responsibility, or lack there of.
It was a bad habit for myself when I was younger and used to drive delivery box trucks... always having to get out and feeling the security of being wrapped in 10 tons of iron was a deterrent for wearing them.

I don't think anyone stoutly refuses to wear a seatbelt because they disagree with the concept but rather they get in a habit of not using them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,332,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
Do you think they'll have learned their lesson or not? I'm not trying to be snarky...just curious.
If the young man survives, I hope he learned a lesson. But the rest of us should just learn from other's mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
It was a bad habit for myself when I was younger and used to drive delivery box trucks... always having to get out and feeling the security of being wrapped in 10 tons of iron was a deterrent for wearing them.

I don't think anyone stoutly refuses to wear a seatbelt because they disagree with the concept but rather they get in a habit of not using them.
Yep, understand the 'habit' thing. Luckily my Dad got me in the habit of using them from the beginning.

It is agency policy for us to use them, but in certain situations it is easy to fall into the habit you cite. In and out of a fire engine on dirt roads with gear on, but... it is a bad habit.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM

50 posts, read 308,899 times
thanks for fixing the title, Crew Chief!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM

199 posts, read 716,292 times
I give it a 10/10 on the scale for unintentional hilarity. That's normally what happens when these kinds of commercials try to be "original". Wearing a seatbelt should just be common sense for anybody with a functioning IQ. We shouldn't have to waste money on this sappy garbage.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,332,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymalaia View Post
I give it a 10/10 on the scale for unintentional hilarity. That's normally what happens when these kinds of commercials try to be "original". Wearing a seatbelt should just be common sense for anybody with a functioning IQ. We shouldn't have to waste money on this sappy garbage.
I agree, but, alas, so many have died because they have not done such a simple task as buckling up.

I sickens me, really. But, personal responsibility is the deal. And those that do not take on that responsibility are not long for the gene pool.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM

50 posts, read 308,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymalaia View Post
lol Well, it does make me laugh too with the plastered on smiles and the dramatics, but it's still a good commercial in my opinion. Besides, I think a lot of the sap is the music trying to force the feelings. I turned of the music though and I think it still stands on its own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive