U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,037,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
It's a few years down the road for possible trade in on lease.
Not sure which vehicle I'll choose yet.
Saw this commercial, where you pick and choose what features you like but that, I believe, is only geared to the specific make. By that, I mean, you can't choose say, a Chevy, and expect features that are only known to the make of a Ford. It would be nice though.

For instance, I'd like either a 4wd (preferably) or all wheel drive,
passenger doors open like van style [Honda Accura], however, I'd like the
far back door to open like the pre 2010 Honda Elements.
A bit of moon/sun roof - automatic.
Driver's seat to be automatic [like the Jeep Liberty, up/down (heighth), back/forth],
Decent gas mileage,
Had some towing power [5,000/debatable].
Seatbelts up front not built into the seat itself - freedom to choose seat covers w/out costly expense of special orders.
Decent size in back - like the Honda Element, rugged for dogs.
Do like the Element, just don't like all those new changes they've made to it. Sure it's a matter of personal preference.
Any ideas?
The best advice I can give you is don't limit yourself to the new car market.

The used, preowned, and certified used car market is HUGE so there will be a car that will match your criteria with ease. One other point is don't be brand blind to open up the choice to a vehicle that matched your criteria to the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM

18,151 posts, read 16,674,461 times
My next vehicle will be a newer Toyota 4Runner, probably a 2005 to 2007 in about 1 to 2 years.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:05 PM

13,423 posts, read 42,824,163 times
With luck I won't need any more cars either. But if I buy another car, it will probably be a European or Japanese car from the 1980s, or Detroit Iron from the 60's or early 70's. I know a guy who has another 2nd gen Camry with a 5-speed, I have been meaning to talk to him and get dibs on it, who knows he might want to sell it cheap. I have always been partial to older Camaro and Mustang, although the "king of the hill" versions are IMHO currently overpriced. How about a convertible '65 Impala? How about a Golf Cabrio? I'd pounce on a good E30 325i, but I have not seen one in good enough shape for me to want it in years. If the right C4 Corvette showed up at a good enough price I might give it a home.

Buy new? Not me. Why would I? Why would I want a warrenty, when I can fix anything up to the "Crack of Doom"? For cheap transportation, old fully depreciated cars are cheaper, and for something fun to drive, why not own a car that will go *up* in value?

I remember flying back on a small regional jet, reading Sports Car Market, seated next to me was a Platinum blonde real estate gal. You know the type. So she asks me about SCM, asks me about the cars I own. So I tell her about the M3 and the MGB. So she tells me about her Lexi (that would be the plural of Lexus, wouldn't it?), are there any articles about them in SCM? So anyway, I say, "No, it's about cars that are going *up* in value!"

The look on her face was priceless, and you know I think I actually introduced her to a new concept.

Actually I need to catch up on maintenance/repairs on what I have already.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:21 PM

404 posts, read 1,211,088 times
my next NEW car will be a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, i am pretty sure

or a Tuscon. if i'm looking to save money a bit, another Elantra

but i WANT the Genesis Coupe, four cylinder turbo. not looking for real performance, just a nice ride with decent handling and good looks. and i will change that awful grille if they don't do it by then. depending on the color of the car

also, i do like the Element, OP. its a stylish, versatile vehicle

Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 PM

42,290 posts, read 49,892,285 times
.....mmmmm...not sure....but probably the new M6 convertible.

Depends on what is out on the market in 2011...

Old 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM

29,634 posts, read 31,979,723 times
A Honda. Civic, Accord or CRV depending on my needs at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or