U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
 
Location: God's Gift to Mankind for flying anything
5,169 posts, read 10,487,626 times
Reputation: 3969

Advertisements

Anything that was originally created for some simple check point can be *mis-used*.
So what is the point even worrying about that.

You will NEVER stop anybody from doing what is considered intrusive to most people.
There will ALWAYS be people who want more power then they already have.

BTW, that *License Plate* is not really a License plate.
It is a Registration Plate.
Keep in mind, when the police stops for whatever reason, they will ask you for *License and Registration*.

So my question is, why do you need to *Register* your Car in the first place ?
If *they*, just want to get money from each year for the privilege of driving on the roads for a year, than why not just a small sticker as proof ?
NOoooo !!! they also put a number on your plate so they can track you !!!

Oh well ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Inland Empire, Calif
2,887 posts, read 4,610,399 times
Reputation: 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
No thanks.

Soon enough there will be recording devices/receivers strategically placed all over cities and towns. Everyones plates will be recorded whenever possible/visible and fed into databases for geographical plotting and statistical analysis. The recordings of a single plate number can be brought up in a number of seconds. All of the checkpoints it was detected at are instantly tallied and easily plotted. They will be able to view most of your traveling activities, frequency of routes taken, etc. It will all be under the guise of traffic flow monitoring, improvement of road efficiency and crime stopping... while that could be absolutely true there is no way to stop it just at that.

I may sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but actually I am only a mere realist. The technology for this sort of tracking is cheap and rudimentary. They have plenty of excuses to implement these sort of systems and using the system for more than "good intentions" is beyond tempting and certainly inevitable. It would not shock me one bit if within the next few years RFID tags are integrated into plates. Why? Simply because they can.
You will like it much more when your vehicle gets stolen...
I don't have any black helicopters flying over my house...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,076,846 times
Reputation: 17978
Its also strange that Las veags drunk is so aginst it when if he lives in Vegas he is the the most monaitred city in the country. All you have to do is watch one program on secirity in vegas oin what they are willing to actaully expose to the public.As one said you can't take a dunk in vegas without them knowing and they have no real rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Inland Empire, Calif
2,887 posts, read 4,610,399 times
Reputation: 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
.

BTW, that *License Plate* is not really a License plate.
It is a Registration Plate.
Keep in mind, when the police stops for whatever reason, they will ask you for *License and Registration*.

So my question is, why do you need to *Register* your Car in the first place ?
If *they*, just want to get money from each year for the privilege of driving on the roads for a year, than why not just a small sticker as proof ?
NOoooo !!! they also put a number on your plate so they can track you !!!
The license plate IS a license plate..! The registration is the piece of paper in the glove box..! That is what they want to see, they have already seen you license plate....and have already called the plate in before they approach the vehicle... Why do you need to register your car..? For many reasons. Would you prefer driving your car on the roads of 1900's..? They actually use the money to do good things for YOU..!
As you say, they put the license number on your car so they can track you..! DUH..! Of course it's so they can track you, but not for any sinister reason you have conjured up in your mind..
Got a news flash for you, no one cares about you, the government isn't watching you. People always worrying about Big Brother, when the truth is, you aren't important, and big brother doesn't care what you do, as long as you do it legally. Sleep easy, no one is watching you, not matter how much you wish they would..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:17 PM
 
Location: U.S.A.
3,306 posts, read 9,020,346 times
Reputation: 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You will like it much more when your vehicle gets stolen...

Whether or not my vehicle gets stolen in the first place is something I have complete control over.

I am not a criminal, I take care of my own property just fine, I give the greedy government their money, I don't use government assistance for any sort of income...

I give the government what they want in return I demand a completely reasonable amount of freedom.

I don't want to be tracked... at all. I mean, give me a break... they track you nowadays for purchasing of alcohol and tobacco products, what the hell is that all about? My point is that things like this that start out trivial and harmless rapidly turn into something interfering and un-Constitutional. It is gullible sheeple that let the wolves in and then quickly realize their poor choices... hmmm, red light cameras come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,818,297 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Anything that was originally created for some simple check point can be *mis-used*.
So what is the point even worrying about that.

You will NEVER stop anybody from doing what is considered intrusive to most people.
There will ALWAYS be people who want more power then they already have.

BTW, that *License Plate* is not really a License plate.
It is a Registration Plate.
Keep in mind, when the police stops for whatever reason, they will ask you for *License and Registration*.

So my question is, why do you need to *Register* your Car in the first place ?
If *they*, just want to get money from each year for the privilege of driving on the roads for a year, than why not just a small sticker as proof ?
NOoooo !!! they also put a number on your plate so they can track you !!!

Oh well ....

Um, no.

Registration and the license plate are two separate things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,818,297 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Whether or not my vehicle gets stolen in the first place is something I have complete control over.

Really? Share your secret, because I am sure most people would love to have control over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 PM
 
3,283 posts, read 4,563,251 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it.

Your license plates are not private property. Cops sit there in traffic and plug them in all the time.


let me guess, if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide? how quaint. next step, why not ram a chip in your arm. just think of all the benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,818,297 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
let me guess, if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide? how quaint. next step, why not ram a chip in your arm. just think of all the benefits

No thanks. I just don't see anything wrong with it. Cops are doing it all day long. The machine doesn't issue you a ticket or detain you.

That's up to the cops if they want to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
 
Location: U.S.A.
3,306 posts, read 9,020,346 times
Reputation: 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Really? Share your secret, because I am sure most people would love to have control over that.
Secret? There are no secrets... don't be a careless fool. Millions of cars live their lives from the dealership lot to the scrapyard without once being stolen. Amazing isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top