U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 AM

10,720 posts, read 16,845,417 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used those services. If so, can you tell me what your experience was like and if you would recommend using them? I understand that one will always be able to get the best deal if they do it themselves but if these programs can get you the car at invoice or just below it, it could be worth it. What about using these services on luxury cars such as Benz and BMW?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM

10,755 posts, read 25,542,103 times
I have tried to use Costco, only to compare the price, but for the vehicles I wanted, the nearest dealership that participated with that particular brand were long distances away. Perhaps for a brand like Ford or Chevrolet, there might be closer options, but I had no success with Volvo or BMW without going a far distance out of my way for the meeting. And, if it wasn't going to beat the locally negotiated price by $5k, it just wasn't worth it to me to drive over 100 miles one way.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM

6,662 posts, read 25,352,291 times
I used them to buy my truck, 6 months later used them to buy my wife's truck.
All rebates and discounts apply on top of costco price. Dealer sold me the trucks $2500 under dealer invoice, then applied rebates . Free 100,000 mile extended waranty.
The dealer was 10 miles from the house. Took care of financing over the phone. We picked out the trucks, test drove them, bought them. Home in a hour and half.

I will never buy without using costco again.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 AM

10,720 posts, read 16,845,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I have tried to use Costco, only to compare the price, but for the vehicles I wanted, the nearest dealership that participated with that particular brand were long distances away. Perhaps for a brand like Ford or Chevrolet, there might be closer options, but I had no success with Volvo or BMW without going a far distance out of my way for the meeting. And, if it wasn't going to beat the locally negotiated price by $5k, it just wasn't worth it to me to drive over 100 miles one way.
I'm interested in a Mercedes and since there are so few of those dealerships, I don't see those dealerships in my area participating in it.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM

6,662 posts, read 25,352,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm interested in a Mercedes and since there are so few of those dealerships, I don't see those dealerships in my area participating in it.
It does not cost to try it. They will merely contact a participating dealer and they will email/call you.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 AM

3,698 posts, read 9,988,164 times
My mom used the service and loved it. She's not a good negotiator and hates the process of buying a car, so it was a perfect solution for her.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM

747 posts, read 2,210,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
If you are looking for info relating to a particular brand, I'd suggest researching a specialized or niche forum, such as mbworld or benzworld for Mercedes-Benzes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or