U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM

3,743 posts, read 10,942,712 times

Advertisements

Well, good for you, I think I would have just run him over as well. I see this behavior too as I have a road that goes from two lanes to one, its always the local rednecks that can't stand to let you in, will speed up to ensure you don't get in, and then will slow down once they are ahead of you. Sadly, the gun may have stopped him this time, but maybe next time he'll have a gun now.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM

7,001 posts, read 18,183,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Well, good for you, I think I would have just run him over as well. I see this behavior too as I have a road that goes from two lanes to one, its always the local rednecks that can't stand to let you in, will speed up to ensure you don't get in, and then will slow down once they are ahead of you. Sadly, the gun may have stopped him this time, but maybe next time he'll have a gun now.
I hate to say it but I will be as ready as I was today.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 AM

310 posts, read 488,876 times
The OP is just as much at fault for this incident as the other driver. I think they were both being jerks and idiots in this encounter. Plus I don't buy that you were"cut off". If there was a service road the road was wide enough to pass him if he stopped. Why would you be dumb enough to force an encounter with a gun unless you're just looking for an excuse to shoot someone?? He stops, you just drive on by. Unless of course you were foolish enough to allow misguided machismo to control you.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,415,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
It happened on my way to work this morning around a quarter to five. I was driving on the right lane on a two lane road. This road turns into a one lane and I needed to get on the left lane.
So I put my blinkers on and no one would give me a break. I was getting closer to the end of the left lane when I decided to slightly slip in the car behind me. Now this individual was a very anal one. He hunked the horn at me, flashed me with the high beam, gave me the birdie, you name it.
I made the sign for him to calm down and he got even more agitated. So all of a sudden her goes into the service road on the far left and cuts me off, then stops.
I was like hmmm, what's on this guy's mind now. I see him reaching for something and almost inmediately the survival instinct kicked in. I have my .45 with me at all times and usually have a loaded magazine in my jacket. So I reached for my little friend and got out of my car with the door wide open using it as a shield at the same time feeling for the magazine with my left hand.
He got out of the car with a knife and right away I made sure he saw me, I put the magazine in my buddy and cocked it.
I told him right now he better think what he's going to do next. He looked at me and said: 'You effing $pics think you own this country, blah, blah, blah" I replied to him in a very thick spanish accent: 'I love you too sweetheart".
He got on his car and took off like a bat out of hell.
Fortunately nothing happened, I was able to calm down the adrenaline rush and made it to work in time.
What's with people nowadays, they can't share the road with fellow drivers and always in a rush.
Glad you turned out ok, and no one was hurt.

My favorite part was "I love you too, sweetheart"

I hope you said it like "I love ju too, sweetheart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Very scary! And this,purely from a woman's point of view....but why get out of the car at all? Why confront him? He got out of his car ...I would have just driven away...he's in my way..then I run his a$$ over.
Machismo sweetie....Male egos at work!!! (J/K).

I wasn't there, I don't know.

But if I were there with you, I'd ask you for your number, and compliment you on your driving skills (that's after you cut me off etc)!!..

(I'm in a good mood today, lol, can't you tell?)

Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
The OP is just as much at fault for this incident as the other driver. I think they were both being jerks and idiots in this encounter. Plus I don't buy that you were"cut off". If there was a service road the road was wide enough to pass him if he stopped. Why would you be dumb enough to force an encounter with a gun unless you're just looking for an excuse to shoot someone?? He stops, you just drive on by. Unless of course you were foolish enough to allow misguided machismo to control you.
Sure.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Glad you turned out ok, and no one was hurt.

My favorite part was "I love you too, sweetheart"

I hope you said it like "I love ju too, sweetheart"

Oh believe me, I made sure I rolled the R's in sweetharrrrt.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 AM

137 posts, read 313,875 times
Wow. Reached for your gun pretty quick. Was a little traffic argument really worth getting your gun out over?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM

310 posts, read 488,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Sure.
Obviously your life is so cheap and worthless to you that you're willing to risk
losing it over being flipped off and high-beamed. Not only that but you are a jerk to not consider all the people around you who might have been injured or killed in a gunfight.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM

137 posts, read 313,875 times
Sounds like two uber-macho neanderthals to me.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,061,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc09 View Post
Wow. Reached for your gun pretty quick. Was a little traffic argument really worth getting your gun out over?

If the guy got out of the car with a knife, I think I would have pulled my handgun as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive