U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 AM

5,414 posts, read 7,647,624 times

Advertisements

I understand that kidneys sell fairly well. Don't try to sell a left testicle, though, the current surplus amount of those has dropped a lefty's resale value quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 06:44 AM

10,486 posts, read 22,602,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
On my lunch break today, I told a buddy of mine I'd drive him to the car dealership to pick up his daughter's Impala that had gone in for routine maintenance. We get there and as we pull up, I see this beautiful Cadillac CTS-V sitting right on the lot. Me being like a kid in a candy store, I pretend my bank account has enough zeros in it to afford one and the salesman reluctantly allows me to take it for a spin.

WOW!!

I have now started a fund to indulge in my addiction of buying vehicles, send money to...!

Gorgeous vehicle both inside and out, shifts as well as my 'Vette too! Unfortunately there are more important venues that take a good chunk of my income, I figured I'd have to trade my 'Vette off and STILL cough up $35K! Wonder if the bank takes human organs as collateral, if I get in a crash going the speed I will likely try to attempt in it, I won't need them anyway .

Cheers
Seriously, if I made your income I could easily pay cash for a brand new CTS-V within a year easily.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 AM

4,486 posts, read 14,956,039 times
Quote:
I understand that kidneys sell fairly well. Don't try to sell a left testicle, though, the current surplus amount of those has dropped a lefty's resale value quite a bit.
Well my liver is already ruined from my mass consumption of alcohol, hopefully the kidneys aren't shot as well .

Quote:
Seriously, if I made your income I could easily pay cash for a brand new CTS-V within a year easily.
I make a decent salary but it's definitely not that good.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:51 PM

10,761 posts, read 25,609,722 times
The V is nice, and in that color, it's stunning. It has the right balance and power, and is very capable for its segment. I am glad that Cadillac discontinued the STS-V, because it seemed to be too clumsy for the car, and I would not think that there were too many takers for the V in STS trim. It's a good sign for Cadillac, since I think they are finding their way out of the problems of the last few years.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
The V is nice, and in that color, it's stunning. It has the right balance and power, and is very capable for its segment. I am glad that Cadillac discontinued the STS-V, because it seemed to be too clumsy for the car, and I would not think that there were too many takers for the V in STS trim. It's a good sign for Cadillac, since I think they are finding their way out of the problems of the last few years.
Cadillac definitely did well with the CTS-V, I'm wondering what will come next though. The CTS-V competes with the M5 and E63 AMG for M3 and C63 AMG money. Cadillac really needs to come out with a NEW flagship vehicle to compete with the S-Class and 7 Series for 5 Series/E Class money. The XLS concept is on the right track, price it at around $50K-$60K and have it compete with the best of the best.

Oh and might swing by the dealership tomorrow just to see the best price they'll give me. I have one set in my mind that I'll pay, if they can't, I'll just have to walk away.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,057,283 times
Nice car, but I run away from the American brand nowadays...even the Cadillac. I'd much prefer MBZ S63 AMG or MBZ CL550, both beautiful cars and in a league of their own. The Lexus LS is preferred as well.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 PM

13,429 posts, read 42,886,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Of course... but to be amidst a sea of luxuries one must pay his Newtonian dues.
Exactly. And very well put. My point was they are both cars with some reasonable pretense to speed, and in a fast car, lightness makes everything better.

For the kind of money you are looking at for the Caddy, you could get the Elise and have change left over, or consider a later model 911 for example. Buddy here has an Elise and a 2007 911 - got the 911 from an older guy who bought it new for about $140K, used it went to my friend for about half that. And, no way is the car "half used up" if you know what I mean.

Both of these are way faster cars, easier on gas, and to me more satisfying to drive. I guess living out West in the country, to me a car that gets horrible mileage is just not very useful.

Although I will give Cadillac credit for getting back to what they did in the 50's- build a big luxurious car that would MOVE when you got on the loud pedal. Back in the day when you could get 2X4bbl carbs on Caddys right out of the box. Although, then as now, the price to be paid for this was damn awful MPG, hard on tires, and not terribly nimble.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM

13,429 posts, read 42,886,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Cadillac definitely did well with the CTS-V, I'm wondering what will come next though. The CTS-V competes with the M5 and E63 AMG for M3 and C63 AMG money. Cadillac really needs to come out with a NEW flagship vehicle to compete with the S-Class and 7 Series for 5 Series/E Class money. The XLS concept is on the right track, price it at around $50K-$60K and have it compete with the best of the best.

Oh and might swing by the dealership tomorrow just to see the best price they'll give me. I have one set in my mind that I'll pay, if they can't, I'll just have to walk away.
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@)(@)*****|(@)

Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Exactly. And very well put. My point was they are both cars with some reasonable pretense to speed, and in a fast car, lightness makes everything better.

For the kind of money you are looking at for the Caddy, you could get the Elise and have change left over, or consider a later model 911 for example. Buddy here has an Elise and a 2007 911 - got the 911 from an older guy who bought it new for about $140K, used it went to my friend for about half that. And, no way is the car "half used up" if you know what I mean.

Both of these are way faster cars, easier on gas, and to me more satisfying to drive. I guess living out West in the country, to me a car that gets horrible mileage is just not very useful.

Although I will give Cadillac credit for getting back to what they did in the 50's- build a big luxurious car that would MOVE when you got on the loud pedal. Back in the day when you could get 2X4bbl carbs on Caddys right out of the box. Although, then as now, the price to be paid for this was damn awful MPG, hard on tires, and not terribly nimble.
I understand what you mean, the Elise is a great vehicle if you're in the market for an exotic on the cheap! My Corvette would blow it out of the water though.

The Elise actually isn't fast, I believe it reaches 0-60 in about 7 seconds and has a top speed of only in the low 100's. A base Porsche 911 (997) is on par with the CTS-V as far as acceleration/top speed. But again that car not only weighs less, but only has two doors versus four.

Each vehicle has a niche market, mostly middle-age males with high incomes. This poor boy can't compete I tell you! I did call the dealership, the best price they quoted me was $56K but I might be able to get them to my magic number after a little negotiating. We shall see!

Oh and Don Perignon? Can't afford the $hit!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 AM

11 posts, read 22,899 times
you are very crazy on it, haha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or