U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 PM

714 posts, read 1,913,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I'm getting the Fusion. I don't like how the Sonata looks in person. Looks like an attempt towards a Lexus and I can't stand Lexus.
Congrats on deciding on the Fusion. I actually just signed for one yesterday and should be getting it tomorrow (dealership didn't have any with a manual transmission in stock). And I agree with a lot of the sentiments in the thread. I really liked the styling and ride of the Fusion and Sync was a well-designed feature too. The Sonata would've been the car I'd have focused on had it not been for the Fusion though. I think you made a great choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,206,734 times
LOL. Yea, I'm about to get it. I really don't want to make another thread but...

Fusion vs Mazda 3

I know the Mazda 6 is more comparable but I like how the 3 looks. It appears to be a few thousand less too. I'll be test driving one tomorrow but I'd like some opinions. Plenty of people know more about cars on here than me!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:12 AM

5,010 posts, read 12,818,297 times
Both are good cars, but very different. The Fusion is a mid-size family sedan, the 3 is a compact sporty car. I'd go with the 3 because it's more what I enjoy, but you can't go wrong with either one.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 AM

13,720 posts, read 24,632,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It's a terrible car. I hate being in them, and I really hate driving them.
You offer no objective reason for describing it as a terrible car. Compared to what?

It's fast. It's smooth. It is reliable. It is comfortable. It has great audio.

It has awkward styling.

Terrible? Not to me.

The HHR is terrible. Or a Sebring. Or a Yaris. Or a Town and Country. Cobalt. Etc.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,161,295 times
That Hyundai could well have been assembled in North Korea, I'll buy American

Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
You offer no objective reason for describing it as a terrible car. Compared to what?

It's fast. It's smooth. It is reliable. It is comfortable. It has great audio.

It has awkward styling.

Terrible? Not to me.

The HHR is terrible. Or a Sebring. Or a Yaris. Or a Town and Country. Cobalt. Etc.

It's not fast, it's hideous, it's overburdened with useless electronics, the electronics are needlessly complicated and counter-intuitive, it's hideous, it's noisy, it drives like crap (sorry, SH-AWD or whatever fancy name they can come up with doesn't change the fact that it's poorly balanced and drives like crap), it's absolutely hideous, the interior feels like they wanted to go with "modern fighter plane" but used cheap materials, it's tinny-feeling, and it's hideous.

It's a joke pretender of a "luxury" car. I had a guy who bought one and traded out of it 3 days later he hated it so badly.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,345,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
That Hyundai could well have been assembled in North Korea, I'll buy American

If by "North Korea" you mean Alabama, then you are correct.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:10 PM

747 posts, read 2,211,182 times
Quote:
It's not fast, it's hideous, it's overburdened with useless electronics, the electronics are needlessly complicated and counter-intuitive, it's hideous, it's noisy, it drives like crap (sorry, SH-AWD or whatever fancy name they can come up with doesn't change the fact that it's poorly balanced and drives like crap), it's absolutely hideous, the interior feels like they wanted to go with "modern fighter plane" but used cheap materials, it's tinny-feeling, and it's hideous.

It's a joke pretender of a "luxury" car. I had a guy who bought one and traded out of it 3 days later he hated it so badly.
I have trouble believing this. Unless the guy is a complete moron

Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Costanza View Post
I have trouble believing this. Unless the guy is a complete moron

It doesn't really matter if you believe it or not.

He thought it was great during the test drive, but after a few days he despised it, and the Acura dealership told him to take a long walk off a short pier.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:29 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,206,734 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter if you believe it or not.

He thought it was great during the test drive, but after a few days he despised it, and the Acura dealership told him to take a long walk off a short pier.
Most states have a 5 day return policy. You don't get a full refund but you don't get screwed over but your friend sounds like a complete idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive