Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 AM

11 posts, read 27,752 times

Advertisements

When i drive across speed bumps on the street, my car always gives out loud noises "bang bang!!" I know they installed speed bumps on the road to reduce our driving speed and keep us safer. But each time when my car "bangs", i feel my heartstrings tugged. God...don't make my car shaking like that...and my wheel-tires!!!...

I've observed the speed bumps on the street for a long time. In Picture 1/ 2/3, the rubber speed bump is in a poor condition, with exposed nails seriously threatening traffic safety. Why?

In both sides of speed bump, there are small holes used for fixing with expansion screws. Theses holes are at the top pressure-position when vehicle passes by the speed bump, making the speed bump brushed off and steel nails exposed.

You can see from the pictures that the nails on the road are ready to prick through wheels like steel pins. Jerry-building using recycled rubber or adding a large number of low-cost additives causes the material strength to decline significantly.

I don't hope to see speed bumps become tire-killers, but be the "guard" of saving life. Also hope to see relative departments try to find out the solutions to solve this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Bump-Tire Killer?-picture1.jpg   Speed Bump-Tire Killer?-picture2.jpg   Speed Bump-Tire Killer?-picture3.jpg  

Last edited by szydm; 03-25-2010 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: some expression mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 AM

143 posts, read 741,882 times
they look awful dont china have any asfalt left ? so they have to use old brakeshoes from buses and trucks?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Sell them new ones then. After all, that is one of the products that SZYDM (Shenzhen YDM Reflector Co., Ltd.) manufacturers.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:00 AM

24,408 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Live in an area that gets snow. Townships and communities have some pretty heated debates over whether or not to put in speed bumps( usually to safeguard children in the area) which then damage snowplow blades.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Sell them new ones then. After all, that is one of the products that SZYDM (Shenzhen YDM Reflector Co., Ltd.) manufacturers.
reps for you I figured it was a spam bot or something no one talks about or likes Reflector's that much

Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I am very glad you can make some comment there, but products manufactured by Shenzhen YDM are completely not that kind. Shenzhen YDM has found out the solutions to solve this problem:

(1) Use natural rubber in stead of recycled rubber. No low-cost additives.

(2) Connection holes lined with steel plate, and connected to each other.

During the rubber vulcanization process, place a steel plate inside the speed bump and connect the two holes, so that the fixing expansion screws will not only get through holes but also steel plate. In this case, connection is strengthened.

(There are small holes in steel plate which is in the same positions as the fixing holes)

(3) Add strengthen-line inside the structure.

Last edited by szydm; 03-25-2010 at 09:17 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald View Post
they look awful dont china have any asfalt left ? so they have to use old brakeshoes from buses and trucks?
Thanks for asking.
But in China, speed bumps are not like what you've described. I am sure you will change your mind on China if you come and take a look. Those photos are not from China, and are posted here just to remind all guys in the world dealing this matter of taking this into consideration when installiing this facility.

Last edited by szydm; 03-25-2010 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: some small mistakes

Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Live in an area that gets snow. Townships and communities have some pretty heated debates over whether or not to put in speed bumps( usually to safeguard children in the area) which then damage snowplow blades.

Yeah, i agree with you. It's very controversial in the areas with heavily snowy days.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
umm is this not spam then?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szydm View Post
I am very glad you can make some comment there, but products manufactured by Shenzhen YDM are completely not that kind. Shenzhen YDM has found out the solutions to solve this problem:
So what you are saying is that you are starting threads designed to increase your companies visibility, without having to have an advertising budget? Which is think should be one of the definitions of SPAM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive