U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM

17,485 posts, read 18,642,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Great, you knuckleheads have run Bob off.

I wanted to ask him about the Challenger not "competing" with the Mustang and Camero (which IMHO they were competitors in the Muscle Car Era and still are...) but you have run him off so I guess "no soup for Mitch".
Yep so good info lost because if a few jerkoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 PM

5,996 posts, read 13,290,022 times
He wasn't giving any good info, just avoiding questions and playing word games. If there was one thing he stated its that the Challenger will not compete with the mustang and comaro. Why? Because they can't make it lighter (his words).

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,330,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
He wasn't giving any good info, just avoiding questions and playing word games. If there was one thing he stated its that the Challenger will not compete with the mustang and comaro. Why? Because they can't make it lighter (his words).
can chrysler even afford to redo the challenger to compete with the mustang and if they do can they sell it in the same price range of 33K you can get a base mustang GT for and can they make the fit and finish on par with ford. man I wish Bob would come back so many questions so little time

Old 05-07-2010, 07:39 PM

5,996 posts, read 13,290,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
can chrysler even afford to redo the challenger to compete with the mustang and if they do can they sell it in the same price range of 33K you can get a base mustang GT for and can they make the fit and finish on par with ford. man I wish Bob would come back so many questions so little time
He said at the expected price point, they can't. Which is funny because Ford has been doing it for years.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,971,089 times
Sounds like he's not much of a consultant if he's consulting for the loosing side.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 PM

3,306 posts, read 9,011,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Great, you knuckleheads have run Bob off.

I wanted to ask him about the Challenger not "competing" with the Mustang and Camero (which IMHO they were competitors in the Muscle Car Era and still are...) but you have run him off so I guess "no soup for Mitch".
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Yep so good info lost because if a few jerkoffs.

Yep. Wish Bob had a better first experience on this forum. He sounded like a true wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately, a select few on here had to do their usual blathering and set the intellectual tone for this guest to see.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 AM

13,720 posts, read 24,618,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Yep. Wish Bob had a better first experience on this forum. He sounded like a true wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately, a select few on here had to do their usual blathering and set the intellectual tone for this guest to see.
That's funny. He did sound knowledgeable. However he seemed pre-occupied with explaining an engine's fuel economy when we all know that when people talk about the impact of a transmission - they are talking about how it affects the vehicle's MPG. He set a holier than thou engineering tone.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,971,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
That's funny. He did sound knowledgeable. However he seemed pre-occupied with explaining an engine's fuel economy when we all know that when people talk about the impact of a transmission - they are talking about how it affects the vehicle's MPG. He set a holier than thou engineering tone.
He also seemed intent on making excuses for the negative aspects of Chrysler products even when pointed out in a non-insulting manner. I ride in my wife's Sebring with the 2.4L engine. It is buzzy in acceleration, something that other car companies have over come. The combination of transmission, programing, and engine is what's needed for improved mpg or acceleration.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:58 AM

17,485 posts, read 18,642,976 times
Might want to check out his bio here.

bob sheaves - Google Search

Old 05-09-2010, 11:40 AM

10,715 posts, read 22,330,588 times
hmm we have alot of knowledgeable mechanics here but was the first designer know if we could get the mechanics that wrench on these cars he designs to talk to him about things they like and dislike about the products maybe they could design a sweet car.

Because the mechanic's know which parts fail and seem to be cheap and deal with the customers on the front lines and with the rest of the automotive enthusiast's on this site who like and own an array of cars and are potential customers we could tell bob the styling and features we like and the mechanics and shop owners could tell him what issues they are seeing on popping up regular basis on chrysler cars.

I know one thing if dodge made the challenger lighter and had performance to match the new mustang and sold it for the same price I would consider one but they would have to use the new 6.4 hemi and pump it to the 475HP-500HP range and drop 300-400 LBS and re-weak the suspension.

If they could sell a lighter,leaner challenger with 500HP in stock form for 35K they would have a hit in the pony car wars.
the next step would to find out why and what people like about their hyundais small cars and suvs they are making solid, reliable small cars and people are flocking to them and the price is right.

one thing they need to keep in their line up is the ram heavy duty and keep a cummins under the hood it's the main reason people love dodge ram trucks is for the cummins diesel

feel free to add to the list what you would like to see at dodge in the next few years and what they can do to make it better now...
I am a GM/ford guy so my list is kinda biased on what features and things I like in my cars and trucks

Last edited by GTOlover; 05-09-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or