U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM

791 posts, read 1,203,639 times

Advertisements

you are selling an 04 Hyundai...model ? list it on craigslist....with pictures. one outside front end corner shot, the other driver side open door interior shot......2 pics are all you need. It is a 6 year old car....dont ask too much because those cars are everywhere....every dealer has one...they are cheap at the auctions....list it near a college town or military base....parents have money for a car if they are in school....military has credit union....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM

1,739 posts, read 4,825,937 times
You should be able to get in with the summer car/grad gift car buyers.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 809 times
You could sell your car on consignment. Many consignment dealers will just add a few percent to your price and there are no fees to you. You don't have to deal with test drives, customers, etc. Make sure the check the dealer's reputation before signing up with a consignment program... not all dealers are created equal!

Here's an example of how our program works:

----example-----

This is an Invitation for all of you that are interested in selling your car, or in need of a car, truck or SUV.

I want to personally invite you to R&B Auto Center in Fontana. We've been here for 26 years and we offer a variety of services that could save you money.

WE have a Sellers Assistance program for those of you wanting to sell your vehicle

Sell your high-quality vehicle fast and for a great price. We take the worry out of selling your car while you enjoy a good return and a quick sale.

Selling the vehicle yourself sounds easy until you consider all the details:
-Responding to phone calls at all hours
-Emailing information to potential buyers
-Qualifying buyers
-Scheduling and providing test drives
-Detailing the vehicle to gain maximum value
-Photographing and advertising the vehicle through numerous sales channels to maximize exposure to buyers
-Providing safety certification
-Securing the vehicle
-Dealing with the DMV paperwork
-Assuming the financial risk of buyer payment

We are looking for high-quality vehicles that are in great shape, mechanically sound, and in proper working order.

The Sellerís Assistance Program is simple. Once weíve inspected your vehicle in detail, we will sign a 30-day consignment agreement with you. At our expense, we will do the following to the consigned vehicle:
-Complete detail
-Safety inspection
-Full set of photographs
-Written description
-Multi-channel advertising
-Provide financing for qualified buyers
-Provide 24-hour security and insurance

All of these steps are designed to get you the most money possible for your vehicle in the shortest amount of time. We take the headaches out of the selling process. If we canít sell your vehicle after 30 days, you get it back fully detailed and sparkling clean!

-------example------

I hope that helps!

Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM

674 posts, read 2,210,013 times
craigslist is not more dangerous than advertising on newspapers or whatever.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 AM

18,137 posts, read 16,465,816 times
I had some recent work done on our cars engine and couldn't stand the smell of burned anti freeze. So I took it to my usual car wash and oil change and had them steam clean the engine on top of the oil change and wash. I looked at it when I got home and it looked almost like a new engine. And it got rid of about 90% of the smell where you only notice it when you open the hood. For 20 bucks it will make a good impression if you go to sell it.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,603,351 times
I don't understand what the phobia is. For a $5K car, tell the buyer to bring you the cash, and hand him the title and the keys. Last car I bought was $3,000. I looked at the car, liked it, went and got 30 Franklins, and he handed me the title and the keys. When was the last time money fell out of your pocket onto the street? How long has it been since you were last held up and robbed?

As for how to advertise it, it depends on your location. People looking for a car are resourceful enough to look in the paper to find one, so it put it there, or on Craigs list, with an asking price and a good description. If thieves want to hit your house, they don't need a used car to find you. If you have a friend or relative living in a highly visible spot, arrange to have the car parked on their lawn with a sign on it. Or take it to a busy shopping mall, along with a good book, put a for-sale sign on it near the entrance, and spend a Sunday there. When people come out of church, the wash of honesty and rectitude might still linger on them for a couple of hours. A for-sale sign on a car is irresistable---everyone takes a second look as they go by, even if they aren't looking for a car. Most people know someone who is looking for a car. Accept the first reasonable offer and go home with the money, or stay there all day and hold out for every cent, whichever suits your style.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-21-2010 at 08:08 AM..

Old 11-22-2010, 01:56 PM

13,411 posts, read 42,760,536 times
If you are selling a car for a price that's more cash than you are comfortable handling, you can do a cashier's check at a bank, or have them wire the money to your bank, and close the deal there.

Only downside is you will need a ride home from the bank, unless the person who just purchased your car wants to give you one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive