U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:49 PM

864 posts, read 2,985,455 times

Advertisements

There is no doubt in my mind that there is absolutely no facet of the scamera program that has anything to do with safety. I was proven correct when the media caught wind of the potential discontinuation of the scamera program. The line "profits are down" said it all. This has nothing to do with safety; it's a revenue generating machine disguised (to the sheep) as a safety campaign.

After all, how often do you see somebody going 10-15 over causing huge multi-car pileups and death? Almost never. The dangerous people are the erratic and aggressive drivers who weave in and out, tailgate, and cut people off. I know...I used to be one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM

5,541 posts, read 8,202,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
In Arizona all speeding tickets are civil (not criminal) violations so they do not issue warrants. With the photo tickets they have to serve you with a process server for them to become valid. They do not send process servers for out of state tickets. My Arizona license is still in good standing.
I was reading about how a lot of people were simply refusing to pay the Arizona speed camera tickets. Isn't there one guy who accumulated dozens of them and has refused to pay?

I seem to have a conflicted attitude toward the law. I was a rebellious teenager and part of me still is. I am very strongly pro-law enforcement, and in favor of harsh treatment of criminals, yet I also like the idea of pushing limits and breaking rules, albeit in a minor way.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:51 PM

10,485 posts, read 22,575,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
And you wanted to purchase a more powerful car a short time ago.

Does your car start? I think yes.

Does it run and gets you from point A to point B? I think yes to that too.

IMO: IT'S GOOOOOOOOOD no matter how it may look.
I recently found a good deal on a 2001 Camaro SS so I test drove it. Lets just say I scared the hell out of the car salesman. After driving that car I realized I do NOT need a faster car. I have no doubt I would have lost my license within a week of owning that thing.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I recently found a good deal on a 2001 Camaro SS so I test drove it. Lets just say I scared the hell out of the car salesman. After driving that car I realized I do NOT need a faster car. I have no doubt I would have lost my license within a week of owning that thing.
I used to love doing that to car salesmen....

Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM

3,219 posts, read 5,658,113 times
Quote:
You should become a professional race car driver.

I wonder how many cops you scared in your driving tenure - lol!

Old 04-02-2010, 04:54 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,211,393 times
There has been talk in CA to get those here. People where I live constantly drive over 85. Driving 75 in the fast lane is considered slow. Regarding OP car, its just minor body damage. I would love to have a good running vehicle for $500. I've been looking on CL for a bit but I'm way too paranoid to believe anyone selling a well running car for $500.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I was reading about how a lot of people were simply refusing to pay the Arizona speed camera tickets. Isn't there one guy who accumulated dozens of them and has refused to pay?

I seem to have a conflicted attitude toward the law. I was a rebellious teenager and part of me still is. I am very strongly pro-law enforcement, and in favor of harsh treatment of criminals, yet I also like the idea of pushing limits and breaking rules, albeit in a minor way.
You are referring to this guy. I say good for him.

YouTube - Speeder Wears Monkey Mask

Old 04-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
You should become a professional race car driver.

I wonder how many cops you scared in your driving tenure - lol!
probably about the same number of cops who have ticketed him....in other words, many....

Old 04-02-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
You are referring to this guy. I say good for him.

YouTube - Speeder Wears Monkey Mask
Yes, this is the guy. I forgot exactly what he did to avoid getting hauled in for non-payment. Hilarious.

We need a good old-fashioned rebellion in this country. Government is out of control and is looking to take all our money. We need to show them who's boss.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Regarding OP car, its just minor body damage. I would love to have a good running vehicle for $500. I've been looking on CL for a bit but I'm way too paranoid to believe anyone selling a well running car for $500.
They are out there. I took another member here on city-data for a road trip in it recently. He was shocked on how nice it runs and drives. It literally runs like brand new. I only put the best maintenance items on it too so that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or