Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times

Advertisements

As embarrassing as this is I am going to admit to it. I got pulled over today in my own neighborhood for going 40 in a 25. I was nice and respectful to the officer but I knew I was not going to get off on this one. To my surprise, the officer let me go with a warning. I also got pulled about 6 months ago too for speeding. That cop said I drive like a "slot car racer" LOL. Both times I was let off because the officers felt sorry for me since my car looks like junk.

They did not want to add insult to injury (bless their hearts). Everyday I race around going 15 to 20 miles over the speed limit and I get away with it for some reason. I realize this was my last warning. This ticket today would have been $347. I am a 35 year old man so I should not be driving this way. I truly am ashamed of myself. My number 1 priority right now is to quit speeding. I will succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
You'll never quit speeding. Just learn to control it so that you only do it in circumstances that are appropriate. I don't intend to ever quit speeding fully.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Thoughts on tickets here. All of the states, particularly western states like where lvd lives are facing huge budget deficits. The word is (and I've seen it in my state) is the law is dropping the hammer on tickets, particularly speeding. Revenue is down all away across the board and the state patrol in my state are ticketing people in a big way. They used to give you 5 over. No more. The seatbelt issue is pushed also. I've got this from one of the cops who lives in my neighborhood.

And they are looking at different traffic flow situations, such as roundabouts. At my local Sam's Club there is a roundabout there and I saw a city officer watch people go through the roundabout. He sat there while I went in to shop, and 45 minutes later he was still there when I got back in my car. He wrote a few tickets there, I was told.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Don't tell the cops your CDF nick!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Thoughts on tickets here. All of the states, particularly western states like where lvd lives are facing huge budget deficits. The word is (and I've seen it in my state) is the law is dropping the hammer on tickets, particularly speeding. Revenue is down all away across the board and the state patrol in my state are ticketing people in a big way. They used to give you 5 over. No more. The seatbelt issue is pushed also. I've got this from one of the cops who lives in my neighborhood.

And they are looking at different traffic flow situations, such as roundabouts. At my local Sam's Club there is a roundabout there and I saw a city officer watch people go through the roundabout. He sat there while I went in to shop, and 45 minutes later he was still there when I got back in my car. He wrote a few tickets there, I was told.

Your absolutely correct. They have raised the tickets here and tightened down on everything. This is why I was utterly shocked that the officer just let me go with a warning. My coworker just got a ticket last week for following too close.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM

273 posts, read 700,387 times
WTF happened to your car? Is it even safe to drive?

That doesn’t look like a slot car racer, but more of a demolish derby junket car.

I would normally suggest some Bondo, a large spatula, and a $149.00 paint job and to sell it but that car looks like you’d spend more in body repairs than you could recover in a sale price.

Im having fun with you, but do slow down before you hurt someone, including yourself

Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Don't tell the cops your CDF nick!
I have no doubt I would have gotten a ticket for sure if he knew it.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
I know the feeling LVD. I got pulled over for speeding in my old beater truck by a State cop a while back and started laughing when he took one good look at the truck, shook his head and muttered that he was going to have to go back and have his radar unit checked because there was no way a POS like my truck was going the speed it said. (I was, and at 46 years old still have the same bad speeding habit you do.)

Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM

890 posts, read 3,700,525 times
With Oregon as cash-strapped as it is, I'm AMAZED I don't see more cops out in the old standby, nailing people for 57 in a 55. I kid you not I haven't seen a cop on the side of US-26 in probably three weeks and Cedar Hills Boulevard has been cop and photo radar van-free for a month or more, now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it to lull people into a false sense of security and then BAM! nail them all at once. Also, they have a new hands-free law here and I'm utterly shocked they haven't gone after that more. Cops here LOVE to nab people on new laws.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I know the feeling LVD. I got pulled over for speeding in my old beater truck by a State cop a while back and started laughing when he took one good look at the truck, shook his head and muttered that he was going to have to go back and have his radar unit checked because there was no way a POS like my truck was going the speed it said. (I was, and at 46 years old still have the same bad speeding habit you do.)
I have a bad speeding habit too. Always have. My last speeding ticket was 11 years ago. 11 years yesterday, to be exact. I don't know how I've gone that long. It's a minor miracle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive