U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you buy a Cadillac XTS?
Yes 19 45.24%
No 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM

4,466 posts, read 4,905,289 times
There's not enough evolution in interior nor exterior design, I think. That specific look was really cool 8 years ago, it's starting to look a little dated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM

3,832 posts, read 7,723,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
CTS - mid-size rwd sedan, for younger/sportier buyers.
XTS - large fwd/awd sedan, for older/cushier buyers, replaces the DTS and STS.
If it's based on the Malibu there's nothing really 'large' about it....not like the caddy's of old anyway.

Does anybody have any size specs for this in relation to a CTS?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 PM

5,069 posts, read 6,236,172 times
Isn't the current CTS about 5 series size anyway? If this is a larger than the CTS then it better be close to the 7 series or S class in size.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:39 PM

1,667 posts, read 2,508,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
There's not enough evolution in interior nor exterior design, I think. That specific look was really cool 8 years ago, it's starting to look a little dated.
I know I was never a fan of the body lines especially that front to back line that caused the back to be rather pointed.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM

404 posts, read 738,975 times
i would not. its hideous. i saw the interior and thought "Cimarron." i don't know why i did, but it was a scary thought

Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
i would not. its hideous. i saw the interior and thought "Cimarron." i don't know why i did, but it was a scary thought
What kind of drugs, and where can I get them?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 PM

8,156 posts, read 12,584,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
What kind of drugs, and where can I get them?
You obviously don't understand the background of the Cita...er, Cimarron then.

As for the OP's question. Yep, Cimarron all over again.

Come on GM, cut the crap. You can make a totally different car based on the same platform. Ala, Mazda 6 and Ford Fusion, Mondeo.

Or Kia Optima, Hyundia Sonata.

Why they feel the need to just blend some lines and add "brand features" to the same old same old is beyond me, but it's just another reason I've jumped ship and become a Ford man.

Screw GM.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,551,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Come on GM, cut the crap. You can make a totally different car based on the same platform. Ala, Mazda 6 and Ford Fusion, Mondeo.

Why they feel the need to just blend some lines and add "brand features" to the same old same old is beyond me, but it's just another reason I've jumped ship and become a Ford man.

Screw GM.
This is hardly Cimarron level quality. That said I would still like something a bit more original.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Screw GM.
Uhm no, you obviously have some kind of retinal issues because any moron can see that although the POS Cimarron was cheap in every sense, the XTS (particularly the interior, which was mentioned in the post I quoted) is anything but.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 PM

11,687 posts, read 10,423,097 times
Default To each his own

Looks like an armored vehicle from another era. The more I look at it, and realize that it can't possibly compete with the longevity, quality, and reliability of the Lexus or Mercedes, it looks like a overly-thick hunk of junk on wheels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive