Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,367,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What in God's name is that thing festooned with half a dozen RPG launch tubes??

Saturday? The Spyker C8. I prefer the convertible, but the pictures were too big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,160,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I would easily choose the LFA.

I bet it will spank the Ferrari around the track, and the other numbers are so close as to be almost irrelevant.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you about track numbers...

But anyway, let's say you're right. If you picked the LFA over the Ferrari, when you drove it home from the track you would still have to look at it in your garage...

Also, what are you going to do if the throttle gets stuck at 190 mph? It was built during the time when Toyota/Lexus vehicles were built with the "sudden acceleration" software issues.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 AM
NSX

If you got that collection, I'd ask to visit you every day....Except for Sunday

Quote:
Well, as long we are opening the coffers up, why not one for each day of the week?

Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 AM
NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
if I had the money the lambo LP-670 would be my super car of choice
I don't think you'd be too embarrassed rolling in that. Nice choice

Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Also, what are you going to do if the throttle gets stuck at 190 mph? It was built during the time when Toyota/Lexus vehicles were built with the "sudden acceleration" software issues.

You can't honestly be serious about that.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,807,934 times
I hear the LFAs will be fitted with the new shaved gas pedals and re-fitted floor mats.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
NSX

Quote:
You can't honestly be serious about that.
Sure I can.

Faulty software caused these problems in virtually all Toyota/Lexus models over the the same period that the LF-A was developed. Just because the LF-A is a higher priced car, it by no means insures that the same faulty software was not used. Unfortunately, it's probably just a matter of time until the first LF-A owner experiences this glitch.

What proof do you have that the LF-A is, for some reason, an exception to this issue?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Sure I can.

Faulty software caused these problems in virtually all Toyota/Lexus models over the the same period that the LF-A was developed. Just because the LF-A is a higher priced car, it by no means insures that the same faulty software was not used. Unfortunately, it's probably just a matter of time until the first LF-A owner experiences this glitch.

What proof do you have that the LF-A is, for some reason, an exception to this issue?
Since pretty much everything was custom-designed for the car, pretty sure they used different software.

Regardless, if it wasn't that, you'd find something else. Doesn't matter that the car is superior to most everything on the road and you were completely wrong about its appeal.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
NSX

Quote:
Since pretty much everything was custom-designed for the car, pretty sure they used different software.

Regardless, if it wasn't that, you'd find something else. Doesn't matter that the car is superior to most everything on the road and you were completely wrong about its appeal.
I really hope that I'm wrong about my prediction, but unfortunately I don't think I am. The sudden accel problem touched Toyota vehicles across the board, from Prius, Yaris, Camry, various Lexus sedans, etc. The production numbers are so small for the LF-A the issue might not pop up for awhile, but when it does I won't be surprised.

Whether the car's appealing is a completely different issue, but we can talk about that. Look at the Ferrari and Lamborghini forums, the car is basically a joke there. Not only is it inferior in almost every aspect,aesthetic and performance-wise, to what the Italians have to offer at a lower price but the biggest display of arrogance is having to be "approved" to buy the car through an interview process. What a joke.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I really hope that I'm wrong about my prediction, but unfortunately I don't think I am. The sudden accel problem touched Toyota vehicles across the board, from Prius, Yaris, Camry, various Lexus sedans, etc. The production numbers are so small for the LF-A the issue might not pop up for awhile, but when it does I won't be surprised.

Whether the car's appealing is a completely different issue, but we can talk about that. Look at the Ferrari and Lamborghini forums, the car is basically a joke there. Not only is it inferior in almost every aspect,aesthetic and performance-wise, to what the Italians have to offer at a lower price but the biggest display of arrogance is having to be "approved" to buy the car through an interview process. What a joke.

You have to be approved to buy the high-end Ferrari's.

Hypocritical much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive