Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 AM

42 posts, read 45,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
For a minute there I almost believed that you came up with that all by yourself... but then I was quickly reminded that you didn't.
MoPar is dead, And Chrysler can shove-it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,290,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtoooldforthis View Post
MoPar is dead, And Chrysler can shove-it.
AT&T has said access to the internet has made all of us smarter. I'm thinking that all it has done is spread stupid much farther and faster.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Getting rid of the 4.0L was their greatest mistake.
true...I liked that motor

Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
And guys, there is no ass warmers in a freaking Jeep, I'm I right dudes?LOL...........
thats what a fat wife is for...send her out there to start the thing and sit in the drivers seat for you...it will warm up

Old 05-19-2010, 04:07 PM

42 posts, read 45,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
AT&T has said access to the internet has made all of us smarter. I'm thinking that all it has done is spread stupid much farther and faster.
Seeing as how Chrysler isn't making any $$$ off their current list of vehicles, and they just sold out to Europe - MoPar is indeed dead.

All Europeans care about is Compact cars and gas mileage - England has been at $4.50 a gallon for quite a few years now.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:15 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Why do Jeeps Suck Now?
Jeeps have sucked for a long time now. In 1995, I was at the AAA office getting a road trip map and one of the women there told me that she'd had so many problems with her new Jeep Grand Cherokee that she had to get rid of it. Also in 1995, someone traded in their new Jeep because it was such an uncomfortable commuting vehicle. The Jeep looked like a lot of fun, but just wasn't a good time in reality. Another friend around 2002 had a used Jeep Wagoneer that had lots of annoying fluid leaks. Oil leaks, transmission fluid leaks... what a piece of crap vehicle that was! For any excursion, he had to carry around extra fluids to keep the SUV going. It also wasn't very fuel efficient.

But Jeeps are still better than Land Rovers...

Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
thats what a fat wife is for...send her out there to start the thing and sit in the drivers seat for you...it will warm up
I'm thinking of a OD green one that doesn't have a automatic transmission, no power steering, brakes, radio or anything thing else. Girly men and sissy boys need not apply!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I'm thinking of a OD green one that doesn't have a automatic transmission, no power steering, brakes, radio or anything thing else. Girly men and sissy boys need not apply!
also it should have the base factory rubber floor mats and no carpet for river crossing

Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
also it should have the base factory rubber floor mats and no carpet for river crossing
You got that right buddy!LOL........

Old 05-19-2010, 05:57 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,290,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtoooldforthis View Post
Seeing as how Chrysler isn't making any $$$ off their current list of vehicles, and they just sold out to Europe - MoPar is indeed dead.
"Just" sold out to Europe? You apparently don't realize who owned them since the mid '90s. Daimler (Mercedes) ring a bell?

Daimler bought a cash cow that was making money, and raped the profits for their own uses, while hanging Chrysler out to dry. And yet, cars like the PT Cruiser sold in hugfe numbers, with waiting lists for teh first two years, and STILL sell at a profit in decent numbers almost 10 years later with no advertising whatsoever! And the minivans and 300s sell quite well indeed, both here and in Europe.

Quote:
All Europeans care about is Compact cars and gas mileage - England has been at $4.50 a gallon for quite a few years now.
That's all they are allowed to care about. But notice that some of the biggest, heaviest, fastest, most fuel guzzling cars are European, from the top VWs, Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes, to Astons, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive