Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:06 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,796,757 times

Advertisements

Maybe chili is his weapon of choice when someone cuts him off.

Wonder what he uses for tailgaters, maybe chicken noodle soup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:49 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,190,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post

and you all seem like bike advocates (ganging up on me and even threatening me with gang violence)
So you open a thread with violence towards a biker and contemplating more violence towards others, and you get your panties in a bunch when it's redirected back at you? You're a complete moron. I'd tell you to get a clue, but it's painfully obvious to all that you're simply too stupid to ever figure it out.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 AM

968 posts, read 2,611,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

honestly i've never had a problem with tailgaters, i don't sit in the fast lane even if i'm going fast, i use it to pass only (here in texas we have "left lane for passing only" and "don't slow texas down" signs) and when someone is sitting in the fast lane going slow, i give them 5 seconds to move over, if not i'll go around them.

however, last night going home about 11, there was this stupid rav 4 who entered the highway, i saw him move over 4 lanes to the lane just beside me (the center lane) and when there was about a foot diagonally between me and his back bumper he swerved into my lane. i braked, but kept close, went around him in the fast lane got in front of him doing the same thing he did to me,(making sure there was more room though) he backed off and slowed to 60 in the fast lane. as i kept going my usual speed (70 on the hwy) 4 ricers sped around him cutting him off and making him swerve to slow down. i don't know if he meant to do what he did, or if he was drunk or high or what, but i can't stand these guys who think they own the road.

btw as a sign of contrition, over the weekend my b**ching about what happened revealed to me that more than just my cousin are motorcyclists and they don't like people criticizing bikers, it was a great family conversation about how cars are just as bad as motorcyclists. it went back and forth about cars being aware of people with bikes because they have less protection, BUT! motorcyclists who act a fool in traffic (as said by my very urban very vocal aunt whos 5 foot nothing) endanger their own lives. we all finally agreed that bad drivers come in all shapes, sizes and vehicles, and agreed that we are generally safe and courteous drivers who have all "acted a fool in traffic" by accident at one time or another (everyone turned to my cousin)

my family are generally good drivers. and my uncles gonna bring over his harley and teach me to ride. who knows, i may be a biker before long.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 05-24-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
So you open a thread with violence towards a biker and contemplating more violence towards others, and you get your panties in a bunch when it's redirected back at you? You're a complete moron. I'd tell you to get a clue, but it's painfully obvious to all that you're simply too stupid to ever figure it out.

i got that, thanks.

yeah, i had a friend read the thread and he explained why i was ganged up on. so i get it.

and after not contributing in any way positively to the thread, you feel you need to add to the fire?

Last edited by Orincarnia; 05-24-2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,796,757 times
Quote:
my family are generally good drivers. and my uncles gonna bring over his harley and teach me to ride. who knows, i may be a biker before long.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,633,140 times
I think the overall question is, why do you care if someone on a bike can get ahead of you in traffic? Its not slowing you up - that is the other cars on the road. Your anger is similar to throwing things at people walking on the sidewalk because they are passing you. You'd be happier in life if you didn't let such things get to you.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 AM

791 posts, read 1,421,248 times
Quote:
My cousin has a motorcycle and when I got my new car he cut me off on the tiny shoulder where a car couldn't pass. I threw a bowl of chili at him, nailed him right in the head got chili on the bike. he angrily followed me home suprised that I pulled into his aunts driveway. he promptly yelled "what the f*** man?!" When I figured out it was him I apologized and then said I probably still would have done the same thing cause he cut me off.

I was in traffic today on the 410 and there was an accident. took 20 minutes to get through it and in that time 2 motorcycles passed us on the shoulder. Me and my friend talked about how we could get away with running tbhem off the road without getting caught .

So I hate motorcyclists...
your cousin should have got off his bike at your aunts house and pounded you into the ground......

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM

791 posts, read 1,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

LOL....

Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
your cousin should have got off his bike at your aunts house and pounded you into the ground......
and the last person you hurt should curb stomp you

we resolved it like civil people. this may seem like back peddaling but i apologized to my cousin. we don't fight like rednecks. although i would get him in a head lock when he tried to steal my candy as a child.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I think the overall question is, why do you care if someone on a bike can get ahead of you in traffic? Its not slowing you up - that is the other cars on the road. Your anger is similar to throwing things at people walking on the sidewalk because they are passing you. You'd be happier in life if you didn't let such things get to you.
and that is what the debate came too at the end, however its not fair that bikers think they can do whatever they want, when ever they want, and then i have to be the one watching out for their sorry a** when they smash into my car and injure themselves. and everyone is feeling sorry for them, and disregarding the stupidity of their actions, because they're the ones in the hospital.

honestly that is what fueled my rage at the beginning,

not the "its not fair they're cutting!" line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive