Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:41 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,419,089 times

Advertisements

What do you want to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What do you want to spend?
We're going to lease again. Right now, the 528xi is $580/month, all taxes included in that. We usually do 3 year leases. I know many are not fans of leases, but if we had purchased this vehicle, we'd have to get rid of it now since we need a bigger car.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
We're going to lease again. Right now, the 528xi is $580/month, all taxes included in that. We usually do 3 year leases. I know many are not fans of leases, but if we had purchased this vehicle, we'd have to get rid of it now since we need a bigger car.

You're going to have trouble finding a good, 3rd-row SUV for around that without putting a nice chunk of change down.

Acura is probably your best bet, though my least-favorite.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,390,804 times
I would look at the Acura, too, though you could be just fine with an Enclave. A Honda Pilot is a bit larger than an Acura, and seats 8 to the Acura's 7, so it would also be a good consideration. I do not see the need for a huge SUV on the order of a Suburban or Escalade, unless you have very large dogs.

We use dog harnesses, and for the smaller dogs in the family, dog booster seats. Even the cats have carriers that are secured by seat belts when they need to travel. I cringe when I see dogs loose in a vehicle, even worse hanging their head out the driver's window, since they're at severe risk in even the most minor accident.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I would look at the Acura, too, though you could be just fine with an Enclave. A Honda Pilot is a bit larger than an Acura, and seats 8 to the Acura's 7, so it would also be a good consideration. I do not see the need for a huge SUV on the order of a Suburban or Escalade, unless you have very large dogs.
I say Acura because OP is used to BMW, and Honda / GMC aren't exactly up to that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
We use dog harnesses, and for the smaller dogs in the family, dog booster seats. Even the cats have carriers that are secured by seat belts when they need to travel. I cringe when I see dogs loose in a vehicle, even worse hanging their head out the driver's window, since they're at severe risk in even the most minor accident.
Not all dogs will let you. My dogs hate it. They howl and thrash and refuse to let me put it on them.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
You're going to have trouble finding a good, 3rd-row SUV for around that without putting a nice chunk of change down.

Acura is probably your best bet, though my least-favorite.
yeah the op might be better off to find a certified used suburban or yukon that is 4-5 years old and in the end they will be able to own it out right in 2-3 years of payments @ $580 a month.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah the op might be better off to find a certified used suburban or yukon that is 4-5 years old and in the end they will be able to own it out right in 2-3 of payments.

He wants to lease. And really? You're recommending a 4-5 year old gas guzzling, sloppy-handling, oversized, low-rent interior SUV to someone coming out of a BMW 5 series?

People who lease aren't concerned with owning the vehicle, they are concerned with paying as little as possible and being able to walk away from it.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
He wants to lease. And really? You're recommending a 4-5 year old gas guzzling, sloppy-handling, oversized, low-rent interior SUV to someone coming out of a BMW 5 series?

People who lease aren't concerned with owning the vehicle, they are concerned with paying as little as possible and being able to walk away from it.
yeah I was going to also say maybe a chevy or ford P/U with a canopy would work too if the dogs get dirty they could just hose out the bed some thing like this:

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM

For future reference, generally someone used to actual quality in their car will not be happy going to something that sorely lacks it.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
For future reference, generally someone used to actual quality in their car will not be happy going to something that sorely lacks it.
wow really ford has one of the best trucks out there and their fit and finish is pretty much on par with the japanese automakers and having the advantage of not worrying about the wet muddy dog ruining the interior is a great advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive