Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 AM

53 posts, read 221,628 times

Advertisements

Hey Mak802, you haven't mentioned much about fuel consumption. Is that a big concern?

Anyways, my current recommendation would be the Audi Q7 (can get diesel if you need better mpg) and the Lexus GX (good size, and you can probably get a good deal right now).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,419,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amark View Post
Lexus GX (good size, and you can probably get a good deal right now).

Way, way, way outside the price range the OP is looking at.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Way, way, way outside the price range the OP is looking at.
Well considering that the lowest model X5 starts at 47,600 and the GX starts at 51,970 the pricing shouldn't be too different. I actually only recommended it because Toyota/Lexus has some great deals on because of all its news lately.

Other than the two I mentioned above, the Acura MDX and the BMW X5 are also good choices. Acura has some really good deals on right now.

Acura | MDX Current Offers | Acura.com

I would also check here if you want to learn more about each car:

Best Luxury Midsize SUVs - Best Cars & Trucks - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well considering that the lowest model X5 starts at 47,600 and the GX starts at 51,970 the pricing shouldn't be too different. I actually only recommended it because Toyota/Lexus has some great deals on because of all its news lately.

The base price of the GX is $51,970. You won't find one anywhere on Earth like that. The prices-as-equipped will be between $60K and $70K.

And Lexus doesn't do cheap leases like BMW does.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
The base price of the GX is $51,970. You won't find one anywhere on Earth like that. The prices-as-equipped will be between $60K and $70K.

And Lexus doesn't do cheap leases like BMW does.
The price of an equipped X5 can also reach 60k+. But anyways, it was just a suggestion and I'm sure the OP can take a look herself at my suggestions and decide. You don't have to try and criticize every post I make you know..

Old 06-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The price of an equipped X5 can also reach 60k+. But anyways, it was just a suggestion and I'm sure the OP can take a look herself at my suggestions and decide. You don't have to try and criticize every post I make you know..

I'm not criticizing, I'm pointing out errors.

BMW subvents their leases so they are significantly less than Lexus.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good SUV that has an option of a 3rd row? We currently drive a 2008 BMW 528xi and the lease is up in August. We need a bigger car because we have 2 dogs and are planning on having a baby very soon. The dogs take up the entire backseat and we plan on having the 3rd row just for them, not human passengers. We don't want them to sit in the cargo area due to safety reasons, which is why the 3rd row is necessary.

We're looking at the BMW X5, but are curious to see if there are any others we should consider. And we are not interested in minivans! Thanks for any help!
Toyota Highlander sounds like a winner to me without having to go to a truck frame.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
I'm not criticizing, I'm pointing out errors.

BMW subvents their leases so they are significantly less than Lexus.
Indeed. BMW leases are designed for people to turn them back in after making minimal payments.

BMW represents a HUGE (relative) portion of the lease market due to this.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:36 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Can vouch for Acura MDX, have one in the family and it's a great vehicle.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I would take an X5 over an XC90 any day of the week, even if I had to wrestle two Irish Wolfhounds into the back with a non-folding second row seat on a daily basis. Then again, we had an absolutely rotten XC90, so I am a bit jaded. The V6s are a bit underpowered, and the early V8s had issues. In subsequent years, the V8s have showed promise of improvement, or so I have been told by the service manager, but the reliability is not anywhere near that of a properly maintained XC70.
I know someone who does wrestle two Irish Wolfhounds into her Highlander pretty frequently. They look so cramped in that vehicle, of course they probably are cramped in anything but horse trailers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive