Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,753,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Any video's of this missile attack?
Usually the the USA is up front with friendly fire incidents so i cant think of a reason they would do a cover up of this particular incident.
I'll go with the official story about the shorted wiring igniting the central fuel tank.
Where was Obama when this event occurred?maybe he can be implicated someway.C'mon all you Obama haters make the connection..

Funny stuff! in 50 years only one shorted wiring happened. Jet fuel can't be ignited in that manner. Do some simple research.

When that plane was all put back together- it was obvious the shape of what hit that plane and where it hit it.

250 witness' saw that object streak UP towards that plane.

I do know that Obama wasn't in the white house pretending to be president.

Grow up (if possible).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
Sometimes sh*t happens. A shorted harness inside a fuel vapor/air filled fuel tank is the likliest reason for this tragedy.

Next thing I expect to read is this was a result of the special chemtrail fluid exploding or something equally absurd.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,092,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Funny stuff! in 50 years only one shorted wiring happened. Jet fuel can't be ignited in that manner. Do some simple research.

When that plane was all put back together- it was obvious the shape of what hit that plane and where it hit it.

Grow up (if possible).
Then i'll bow to your vast knowledge and expertise in the matter and we'll say a missile brought the plane down ....... and?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,753,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Then i'll bow to your vast knowledge and expertise in the matter and we'll say a missile brought the plane down ....... and?
.........AND IT CRASHED end of story.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,092,566 times
So whats your point?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,033,796 times
Quote:
Funny stuff! in 50 years only one shorted wiring happened.
Try telling that to Jim Lovell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
Jet fuel can't be ignited in that manner. Do some simple research.
My undergrad degree in aerospace engineering calls BS on your "simple research."

Quote:
Oh? And what "shape" was that? Hint: an explosion does not leave traces of the "shape" of anything.

Quote:
Name them.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,948,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Coverup is not really out of the question. All those witnesses reported seeing an upward light - people can be threatened into silence - i really don't see how people can buy the "official" story and still fly regularly. Are you that confident that a fuel tank on "your" airplane won't cause your death?
Maybe because most people took mathematics through at least the 5th grade?

There are approximately 11 million commercials flights annually in the United States. It's been 16 years since TWA 800 went down.

16 * 11,000,000 = 176,000,000

So you figure those 176 million-to-1 odds are so terrifying that people shouldn't fly?

You're a prime example of irrational fears -- of people who are too scared to fly (ignorant of the fact that a 100-mile car ride is more 'dangerous' than a flight from New York to Paris [the TWA 800 flight]).

Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,948,258 times
Quote:

Grow up (if possible).
Funny stuff! A conspiracy-monger falsely claiming that such an incident had never occurred before!

Philippine Airlines Flight 143 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[PS - short-circuits aren't particularly unusual at all. Fuel-vapor explosions are unusual. But hardly unique. If you'd read the NTSB report you would realize this, as it cites several examples of fuel-vapor explosions destroying aircraft. I guess all those wild and fantastic websites you love pitching lurid conspiracy theories forgot to mention that, huh?]

Page 179 -- educate yourself:
http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/reports/2000/AAR0003.pdf

Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,061,373 times
The jet blew up in mid-air. Case closed.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
Lesson that should have been learned. Never run wiring inside fuel tank vapor space. Automotive in tank electric fuel pumps make me nervous. There has to be a safer way of pumping fuel to the injection system.

IIRC the subject fuel tank did look like it blew up from an explosion inside the tank not from a puncture from the outside. I agree that this is a closed case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation