Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

When Airlines were allowing smoking passengers, the smoke would seep thru tiny cracks in the airplanes skin. The residue from that seepage, made the cracks visible during inspection. In this day and age, the inspectors don't have that telltale sign to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 AM

806 posts, read 2,883,614 times
A nightclub fog/smoke machine, or hazer, can duplicate the effect. Add a luminescent color to it, find cracks quicker....

Simple problems, simple solutions....

Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
A nightclub fog/smoke machine, or hazer, can duplicate the effect. Add a luminescent color to it, find cracks quicker....

Simple problems, simple solutions....
Luminescent lungs?

Old 04-03-2011, 11:42 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
When Airlines were allowing smoking passengers, the smoke would seep thru tiny cracks in the airplanes skin. The residue from that seepage, made the cracks visible during inspection. In this day and age, the inspectors don't have that telltale sign to see.

HOLY COW ! !

Golly gosh, then we should allow smoking on airplanes again ! !

I had NO idea the problem was this serious.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Luminescent lungs?
I miss the good old days when flying was fun. Catch a plane from ATL to LAS, drinking, smoking, partying and, of course, the Hooters style Stews with layovers. Ahhh, the good old days to be sure. What little lung material I have left, I am trying to keep from becoming luminescent.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Luminescent lungs?
Sounds like a splendiferous idea for those with see-through bodies!

I do "facetious" a lot better than you do, trust me on that....

Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I miss the good old days when flying was fun. Catch a plane from ATL to LAS, drinking, smoking, partying and, of course, the Hooters style Stews with layovers. Ahhh, the good old days to be sure. What little lung material I have left, I am trying to keep from becoming luminescent.
A niche market missed by the airlines so far. I bet someone starts one up where they'll allow all that, if not more, to cater to/for those that don't have the hang-ups of the majority of the general flying public. That will be an airline that NEVER loses money! They may even find that business travelers are their best clients!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
People who smoke need to go to a nursing home and see people struggling to get a breathe.

Once you see all of the ventilators breathing for those people you would probably stop smoking.

What is sad is the people who do not smoke get screwed by the aggressive nasty habit of smokers who are forcing their bad habits onto others.

Having lost someone recently to lung cancer because of smoking I am dead set against anyone smoking at all and do not want second hand smoke going into my lungs and on my clothes so I can stink like smokers do.

If the airlines does not have something in place other then this line of BS then that airlines is already in deep trouble.

Nice try but smart people wont fall for this bunch of crap.

Do not smoke in my space period.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
Sounds like a splendiferous idea for those with see-through bodies!

I do "facetious" a lot better than you do, trust me on that....
Seriously though, gene-splicing HAS created luminescent cats.

Wait till the next generation of teenagers gets their hands on it.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:25 PM

And fish too, your point being?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation