Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:46 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,085,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
They could, in theory, remove the constitutional protections, but not the inherent rights themselves since they are not granted in the first place.
That's right. Free Speech is a function of human existence. I exist, therefore I may criticize or praise any government, any where, at any time, for any legitimate reason or no reason at all, without consequence.

It's only written into the Constitution to remind the idiots in government and the 'tards o' the world that it is a function of human existence.

Same with the 2nd Amendment. Self-defense is an inherent function of human existence. I exist, therefore I may defend my person and property from death, injury, theft or damage, or despotic tyrannical governments, if I so choose to do so.

Again, it's written into the Constitution to remind the idiots in government and the 'tards o' the world that it is a function of human existence.

To accept any other reasoning is to admit that you are a slave, owned by a government, and serving the whims of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,409,975 times
"Land of the free"; "home of the brave" sheesh!

Old 02-22-2015, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,794 times
Default Law enforcement exempted

Seven states have passed some form of "rules to follow", but are not laws yet and are still being drafted by the FAA.
Texas was one of these seven states. Six states chose to focus their attention on making sure law enforcement did not use this technology in such a way it would allow them to use without getting search warrants and such as they have to do currently. These six states were more worried about abuse by law enforcement more so than your.average Hobbists misusing them.
One state out of the seven did the complete opposite. Texas set some "rules" in place (not laws but guidelines) and exempted the law enforcement community from all of them. Texas Law enforcement only needs probable cause to use this new technology for anything from survelience to anything else they may want to use them for. Probable.cause has such a wide range that they can use them anyway they deem necessary.
The technology that is available to the public is really awesome, but it is nothing compared to what law enforcement has at its disposal at.this time.
I find it upsetting that six of the seven states could see who had the most potential to abuse this technology, but Texas somehow convinced everyone that law enforcement had to be exempted from the very rules put into place for everyone else.
All I can say is "it is what it is"...... our freedoms are shrinking a little bit more each year, and one day we will realize that the freedoms we were once promised by the Constitution have been whittled away leaving us "so protected from ourselves " we won't even be allowed to enjoy the freedoms we once enjoyed so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation