Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
I just got off a flight and my controls to the tv and radio were on my right; I was in the
aisle seat. So how is that armrest his>

Your tv controls were on your side of the seat divider. The armrest on top of the seat divider is still his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
I have had rude flight attendents,but I never have had any experiences with rude passengers.
While leaving one flight,the flight attendents said "Thank you" to everyone as we walked off. When it was my turn,they said nothing,and they didn't smile either. Not sure why,well I have a theory,but still that was rude. I no longer respect them.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,508,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
Your tv controls were on your side of the seat divider. The armrest on top of the seat divider is still his.
Actually they weren't/ If the middle seat person used the armrest, I would not be
able to access the controls at all.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:57 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,445,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I have had rude flight attendents,but I never have had any experiences with rude passengers.
While leaving one flight,the flight attendents said "Thank you" to everyone as we walked off. When it was my turn,they said nothing,and they didn't smile either. Not sure why,well I have a theory,but still that was rude. I no longer respect them.
Every day there are 30,000 flights in the US. On one flight an FA didn't say bye and you write off an entire work force?

One time I lived in Jersey. Everyone there was rude and arrogant, and the women were entitled. So I no longer respect them.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default The airlines are offensive in the way they do business

Fortunately, I haven't had any experiences with rude passengers. I find that the airlines make flying harder to tolerate. They charge for everything now. Each piece of luggage is charged, with additional fees for extra weight. They charge for food. They are skimpy on the complimentary drink. They have made the seats smaller and put them closer together, squeezing people in. They overbook flights, and every single flight is full. I find the experience itself offensive because of the way airlines do business and treat the passengers.

Can't blame some passengers for getting an attitude.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
I think passing gas is rude.. unless of course you're the only passenger on a large airliner...

Old 05-30-2013, 02:01 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
The worst thing that happens to me regularly is when I'm in a window seat and the person in the aisle seat is deep in sleep.. and I need to go to the bathroom badly..

I haven't flown in a while but my politeness is at an all time low.. so maybe it won't be an issue on my next flight.
Ugh, I woke up on a flight once needing the bathroom, only to find the little girl in the aisle seat doing a puzzle on the pull-down tray...luckily her spatial skills were pretty good and it didn't take that long! I try to always get aisle seats now for that reason!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Ugh, I woke up on a flight once needing the bathroom, only to find the little girl in the aisle seat doing a puzzle on the pull-down tray...luckily her spatial skills were pretty good and it didn't take that long! I try to always get aisle seats now for that reason!
Just climb over all the seat-backs until you reach the bathroom. No one will care.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM

24,286 posts, read 13,139,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I think passing gas is rude.. unless of course you're the only passenger on a large airliner...
Tanker pilots will beg to differ, they pass gas to receivers all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GHj-Mhtj5s

Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 PM

537 posts, read 740,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I agree, there's way too many wild animals out there having children.
Roger that! Like that line from the movie "Parenthood":
Tod: "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any @#$%^ be a father."

As a foster parent, I can testify. There's NO lifeguard in the gene pool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation