Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times

Advertisements

Also Bose noise cancelling headphones and a pair of sunglasses. As long as they don't smell, you can ignore everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Also Bose noise cancelling headphones and a pair of sunglasses. As long as they don't smell, you can ignore everyone.
Right on.

My Bose noise cancelling headphones worked wonders for me on a transatlantic flight a few weeks ago. I was able to practically ignore the young woman sitting next to me. She was a sweet girl, but had been to India learning yoga techniques, and she had dreadlocks down to her waist. Honestly, they looked so nasty, even though she was clean enough herself. But when she fell asleep, those awful dreadlocks began to encroach into my personal space - and then she started scratching her head IN HER SLEEP - incessantly!!!! I was about to crawl out of my skin!!!

So I closed my eyes and put those headphones on and did my best to ignore the heeby jeebies sitting next to me.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:52 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,036 times
I was a Flight Attendant for a few years, and now I fly pretty often as a "normal passenger". A few things that really get me are:

-When we're desecending and a passenger feels that that's the perfect time to go use the lav. Some Flight Attendants will lock the lavs below 10,000 ft. Nice idea.

-After we land and we're not at our gate but waiting for the ground crew or if another plane is occupying our gate and the pilot gets on the PA and says that we haven't gotten to our final parking position to please leave your seatbelt on and stay in your seat. Even after that you here the "click, click, click" of the seatbelts.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
I solved the problem and bought a Piper. Now the rudest thing that happens is air traffic control asks me to wait for an airliner to land so the vortex doesn't flip my little plane upside down.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM

537 posts, read 739,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I solved the problem and bought a Piper. Now the rudest thing that happens is air traffic control asks me to wait for an airliner to land so the vortex doesn't flip my little plane upside down.
Bought me a 182 two years ago. Time to spare? Go by air. Unless you've got your IFR.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM

454 posts, read 793,385 times
Teenagers with headphones so loud you can hear the music... worse when one of them is flailing his arms, snapping fingers, and bopping around in his seat like he's at a rock concert

Someone passing flatulence next to you... ok, maybe once, accidents happen... but nonstop? BLECH!!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm green with envy!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,456 times
I'm just bilious

Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Confession here, something I just remembered. I was one of those "idiots" once. When removing my carry-on from the overhead I hit a man in the head, and boy was he pissed. And rightly so. I apologized sincerely and couldn't look at him after that out of embarrassment. Later in the terminal I was hoping to see him so I could offer to buy him a cup of coffee or something, because I really felt badly for him. I never saw him again.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Flying to Israel on El Al and there were many Hasidic Jews. In the middle of the night, most people asleep, they started walking up and down the aisles praying, wearing prayer shawls. I was sitting in the aisle seat asleep and they hit me in the face with the ends of the shawl as they walked by, which naturally woke me up and startled me. No apologies, just kept on walking and praying.

They also had to face west or something at sunrise to pray, so they all congregated just by the lavs and blocked everyone from getting to them while they prayed. The FAs did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation