Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times

Advertisements

When did they build a modern Terminal in Los Cabos? I was there 3 years ago and still had to use the stairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
In the year 3000...

Your seat assignment will be programmed into the RFID chip implanted in your body. At boarding time, you will be teleported to your seat. Your carry-on will be teleported to the overhead bin space assigned to you. If it does not fit, it will be vaporized. Nail clippers will still be prohibited.

You're teleported to your seat but not destination? Okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
When did they build a modern Terminal in Los Cabos? I was there 3 years ago and still had to use the stairs.

Modern doesn't have to include fat people accommodations.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I think the new terminal opened about 18 months ago. It seems the domestic airlines still use the old terminal.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
You're teleported to your seat but not destination? Okaaaaaaaaaaay.
Hey, technology can only do so much! Even Star Trek had transporters and starships. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
Modern doesn't have to include fat people accommodations.

Well, I would hardly say that a Jet Bridge is a "fat people accommodation". Its one heck of a lot safer for everyone if random passengers are not walking around on the tarmac. Its not a Greyhound terminal after all.

Last edited by Sherifftruman; 10-21-2013 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
If people didn't carry on 10 pieces of luggage, when you board wouldn't be a problem. if I go up to Toronto for a few days, I can pack everything in a bookbag which fits under the seat easily. If I travel for a week or so I'll check in a suitcase, but I may also bring a duffel bag that will either: A) fit under the seat or B) fit in the overhead bin. If I pack something that can't fit, I check it. Simple as that. I wish people actually had some brains like I do.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,099 times
Obvious, because the plane would tip over onto its tail, explode, and kill you all.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:29 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Delta boards back to front (as declared in their "zones") definetly not front to back.
The problem is a bit in the priority seating arrangements - as everyone and their brother has either some sort of credit card that allows them priority boarding or is a frequent flyer, Try flying out of Atlanta on a monday where 90% of the flyers are golds, plats or diamonds. The credit card ones irk me the most, since it is purely a revenue generating tool by the airlines. The people don't even need to fly to get this.
Another problem is that Delta gate agents do not always enforce zone seating. Another problem is the "special needs" seating where every family with a child (including teenagers) think the pre-boarding applies to them - but they seem to have enforced that a bit better.
My real issue is....
GATE LICE! Those idiots that congregate in front of the gate waiting for their zone to be called. I can't even get onboard sometimes, it's so congested, when they call for first class boarding. You have reserved seating - sit the hell down and get the hell out of the way so I can board with my upgrade!
I dont know about this. I just flew Delta yesterday and my fiance and I along with another couple traveling with us were all in zone 2 yet we were in aisle 33 while they were in aisle 12. Doesnt seem like back to front boarding to me unles I'm missing something. How can row 12 which is towards the front and row 33 which is the last aisle both be zone 2?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:12 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I dont know about this. I just flew Delta yesterday and my fiance and I along with another couple traveling with us were all in zone 2 yet we were in aisle 33 while they were in aisle 12. Doesnt seem like back to front boarding to me unles I'm missing something. How can row 12 which is towards the front and row 33 which is the last aisle both be zone 2?
This BS is new and I guess happening everywhere - I noticed United started doing window first Obviously it was a total mess! I don't know why someone in his/her right mind would think of this arrangement??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation