Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 08:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I take anything said by Malaysian officials with ten grains of salt. I'll believe when a piece of debris is recovered and conclusively linked to the plane.
That's how I feel. They are basing it on data, but still haven't found any part of the plane. I almost feel like they are saying it crashed just to have some kind of closure, instead of continuing to admit they don't have any idea. But, that's because by now, I'm skeptical of everything about this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Quote:
I take anything said by Malaysian officials with ten grains of salt. I'll believe when a piece of debris is recovered and conclusively linked to the plane.
Weren't you the one peddling the theory of Pakistan being the destination of this flight?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Weren't you the one peddling the theory of Pakistan being the destination of this flight?
Funny...you just know that when we receive documented proof that the plane is in the ocean, they bring up parts of the plane, they find the black box, they find some human remains...there will still be some that stick to their silly conspiracy theories. This will just be part of "Thee Conspiracy", they've invested to much time in it.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
This was posted on Facebook, Is this for real or not????

Satellite Image Shows Missing Malaysian Airlines Plane

A satellite image appears to show the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 in the skies above a jungle.
The image is taken from Tomnod, the map search website currently being used by hundreds of thousands of people in an attempt to search for missing passenger plane, was posted on Reddit on Sunday.

Satellite Image Shows Missing Malaysian Airlines Plane - NewsLinQ
================================================== =============================================

More news on this subject,
Live News conference on missing Malaysian Airlines plane

Live Breaking News Video | Streaming Video Coverage | Fox News
The image in that article looks like a DC-9 not a 777. It's fake, or it's a different aircraft. The wings are different than a 777.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
They may find the plane, they may locate the black boxes but I don't think they will ever know for certain exactly what happened on that flight, why it was thousands of miles off course, why no distress call was made, why if there was a problem and it turned back around it didn't request to land, so many questions that will never be 100% answered.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Did you overlook where I said "I'm not saying that's what likely happened."? I was merely trying to state that it's too early to be "ruling out" possibilities.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Funny...you just know that when we receive documented proof that the plane is in the ocean, they bring up parts of the plane, they find the black box, they find some human remains...there will still be some that stick to their silly conspiracy theories. This will just be part of "Thee Conspiracy", they've invested to much time in it.
We ought to send all these conspiracy theorists to the moon.

Quote:
Did you overlook where I said "I'm not saying that's what likely happened."? I was merely trying to state that it's too early to be "ruling out" possibilities.
I am just pointing out your lack of a position to be criticizing the Malaysians. At least they weren't spouting off conspiracy theories that make no sense.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
We ought to send all these conspiracy theorists to the moon.
It would be the first time a human has ever been on the moon!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:11 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Or to area 51

Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
It would be the first time a human has ever been on the moon!
They can all sit on the surface of the money and talk about rather their moon landing was a conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation