Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 PM

542 posts, read 691,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Hey Bob,

I think the world would be shocked. Shocked, I tell you. Too bad that headline will never appear anywhere.

I think we need a poll of which conspiracy theory is the top choice:

1) Alien abduction
2) Plane is in Diego Garcia
3) Plane is in Pakistan
4) Someone shot it down and is not fessing up to it
5) CNN did it to boost flagging ratings
6) The Chinese did it
7) Dick Cheney did it
8) The Russians did it to take attention away from Crimea
9) The employees from that Texas company did it
10) Taken by a sharknado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 11:57 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
8) The Russians did it to take attention away from Crimea
9) The employees from that Texas company did it
10) Taken by a sharknado
Disclaimer: chemically blond.... and so, I apologize..... but since we're offering every possibility under the sun.....

IMO, maaaaybe, the pilot, being fascinated with pressing the flying limits of the plane, also wanted to attempt a "SULLY" and 'land' on the water, possibly setting the plane down in 'one piece' and then (unfortunately) sinking, leaving little debris. (I hope not, but just sayin' )

I don't really know, (as you may surmise!), but I'm very AMAZED that we don't know more than ZIP by now!!

I feel bad for the families and friends of those aboard. It's sad....

Old 04-04-2014, 02:55 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Maybe the plane was hijacked and intended for use in a suicide mission to hit Diego Garcia 9-11 style, rather than shelter on it.

Where is Mikhail Gorbachev when we really need some glasnost?

Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
This morning's thoughts from Chris Goodfellow:

April 4 - Tracks - Going back to square one.

The text below is pulled from a CNN story of the timeline by Michael Martinez on March 23.

Note the reference to tracking to Pulau Perak. No mention of tracking further.

You will note the heading was between Langkawi to the north and Penang to the south over Pulau Perak. This was stated as the last known heading by Malaysian military radar. The later announcement of jogs up the straights of Malacca and then a sharp left turn south are not on this first radar track. They were produced three days later as revised tracks. What to believe?

This original track is SW from the Igari turn if you look at current charts they show a much more westerly track from the Igari turn to Vampi passing north of Langkawi. Again, what to believe?

Take your choice.

I simply do not know EXCEPT this last known heading here takes the plane over Indonesia and south westerly more and ties in with the Maldives general direction.

Moreover, It is what I WORKED WITH IN MY ORIGINAL POST as the other track northwest up the straights had not been formulated when I wrote my post and it is this SW track which I believe should have been searched right from the beginning.

My choice remains with this original track. Why? Because it is what the military came up with from the tapes that night before all the other theories began to factored in to the story. It is the track the pilot would take if he were returning to Langwaki as he would approach over water from the south. Going more westerly and passing north of Langwaki eliminates the possibility of landing at Langwaki as the approach from the north involves mountainous terrain.

2:15 a.m.: Military radar detection
Though the Malaysian plane is not transmitting information -- by ACARS or transponder -- radar on the ground or elsewhere can still detect a plane in the air.
According to a Malaysian Air Force official, military radar tracked the plane as it passed over the small sland of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca.
At this point, the plane was hundreds of miles off course. In fact, it was on the other side of the Malay Peninsula.
Military radar showed that it flew in a westerly direction back over the Malay Peninsula, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Raza said. It is then believed to have either turned northwest toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest elsewhere into the Indian Ocean.
This was the last time any civilian or military radar is known to have tracked the aircraft.
The focus now is searching for the missing flight in the southern Indian Ocean, according to a U.S. official.
"The southern scenario seems more plausible," the official said.
The Malaysian military is handing over its raw radar data to U.S. and British officials, apparently setting aside concerns about any sensitive military intelligence.
Quest called this sharing of information a "huge" development in the case.
"They don't want anyone to know how good their radar is. They obviously decided that doesn't matter," he said.
"We don't know much about the Malaysian military and that has been one of the issues," Quest added. "It appears that Malaysia was providing an interpretation of the analysis -- and not the raw data. Now they are handing over the raw data."

Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
fubar

Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Disclaimer: chemically blond.... and so, I apologize..... but since we're offering every possibility under the sun.....

IMO, maaaaybe, the pilot, being fascinated with pressing the flying limits of the plane, also wanted to attempt a "SULLY" and 'land' on the water, possibly setting the plane down in 'one piece' and then (unfortunately) sinking, leaving little debris. (I hope not, but just sayin' )

I don't really know, (as you may surmise!), but I'm very AMAZED that we don't know more than ZIP by now!!

I feel bad for the families and friends of those aboard. It's sad....

In a water landing scenario that produces no debris field since the airplane is mostly intact, could be accomplished in the lee of an island because in the lee there may be little swells, small wave heights and diminished wave intervals. <http://escholarship.org/uc/item/9sz6r0qc#page-22>,

which is another way of saying, everybody has to be someplace, every minute.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
....... Too bad that headline will never appear anywhere......

But how do you know that? What do you know that the rest of us don't? Do you state the above because no government would allow that headline even if it were true? Or because aliens do not exist? And if it's the latter; how do you know this? What gives you 100% fact beyond all doubt?

I don't believe aliens got it...I don't go for any of the choices you listed, yet since I know nothing for certain; I put the 'crashed into the ocean' scenario right up there with your other options.

It seems as tho people are branded as wingnuts if they don't buy into the (changed daily) "facts" served up by our governments and media outlets.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
fubar
Bohica!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:56 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
MH370 Malaysia Airlines: Anwar Ibrahim says government purposefully concealing information - Telegraph

Interesting!

Old 04-04-2014, 08:28 AM

325 posts, read 576,530 times
Ok - let's look at this rationally. A pax jet on US radar goes dark - we launch an immediate airborne search. We notify Homeland, the Coast Guard, the USAF. We do something.

What does Malaysia do? The hand-off to VN? The Thai radar has the blip heading SW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation